Why become a member? ×

99p bass

Mr. Foxen

[quote name='Johnston' post='933998' date='Aug 23 2010, 06:31 PM']BUT I think it was Waynepunkdude bought a bass at low money but they wouldn't send. Ebay said something in the lines of it's up to the seller whether they sell or not.[/quote]

Correct

They said leave him bad feedback but they can't do anything.

I don't know if your money has to be in the paypal account to have it refunded does it? If he's set up his bank account to paypal they'll just swipe it straight out of that. I think they can track you down if you empty and even cancel your account too- they'll pay the refund and then set the collectors on you to get it back.

The ebay rules are clear, and when I've had disputes in the past it's the ebay rules they adhere to rather than the law, weirdly. If the ebay rules state the P&P charges must be reasonable, and you prove he's charged you £200 but only used a service that cost £13, I'd be amazed if paypal and ebay didn't side with you, especially considering his sole purpose of doing this was to avoid ebay fees.

Hmm.... at worst you'll end up with a VM squier for £200.99

I'd be tempted to try it..... and if you've already got the bass and Paypal have access to his funds then you won't even have to get involved in the legality of it.

Edited by cameltoe