Why become a member? ×

i am the best buss gitar zlapper ever

Marcus Müller

[quote name='ped' post='928421' date='Aug 18 2010, 10:36 AM']I thought it was in there, but no matter, we still reserve the right to do what we think serves the forum best, and people having lots of accounts isn't a good thing, in my experience. Especially when they lie about it and do it to subvert the ways of the good nature of the forum, which has happened once or twice. Threads like this may appear funny (honestly, I didn't really get it, but that's me) but it means managing the forum could quickly become a massive ballache - which in the long term means the forum goes under.

ped[/quote]

I am sure there are more than just me who did not find it funny at all!

Brendan

[quote name='Clarky' post='928733' date='Aug 18 2010, 03:32 PM']Flame me but I thought Marcus Muller was funny for five minutes and then the joke wore off very quickly.[/quote]

A difficult thread to sustain. In any event, Marcus can always re-appear under the OP's original profile. I'd very much welcome his views on a wider range of topics.

BTW, Goggle's got a new, Jazz-flavoured album coming out entitled 'Kind of Balloon'. Personnel listing shows "Marcus Muller on 'Alto' Bass". Awesome shred-fest incoming! :)

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='928740' date='Aug 18 2010, 03:42 PM']A difficult thread to sustain. In any event, Marcus can always re-appear under the OP's original profile. I'd very much welcome his views on a wider range of topics.

BTW, Goggle's got a new, Jazz-flavoured album coming out entitled 'Kind of Balloon'. Personnel listing shows "Marcus Muller on 'Alto' Bass". Awesome shred-fest incoming! :)[/quote]
So long as Marcus has learned Tony's lesson regarding balloons and Helium. I await with interest. As do his financiers no doubt.

[quote name='Machines' post='928821' date='Aug 18 2010, 05:18 PM']Genuine question EBS_freak - how do you believe they are ?[/quote]

Mm, not quite sure why there is suddenly all this vitriol directed against the Mods all of a sudden- surely this isn't a big issue (The Marcus situation I mean)?!

Edited by josh3184

[quote name='josh3184' post='928853' date='Aug 18 2010, 05:51 PM']Mm, not quite sure why there is suddenly all this vitriol directed against the Mods all of a sudden- surely this isn't a big issue (The Marcus situation I mean)?![/quote]

It's not is it? The Marcus thing was just a good bit of banter wasn't it?

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='928866' date='Aug 18 2010, 06:01 PM']It's not is it? The Marcus thing was just a good bit of banter wasn't it?[/quote]
dont have to make it a precedent, but Marcus is an obvious a star, albeit controversial one.
Please reinstate him!!
some people, a minority I'm sure, found it unfunny, but most of us were on the floor crying for a nurse!
besides, I don't think you should ban what is probably the best 'bussist' you've ever had here, and so willing to share his knowledge too...its a crime!
zzlapp!

I have to admit I found it really funny, but I also have to agree it was always going to be a one-joke thread.

I think it was just a way to make us realise the forum can get a touch serious at times, and that it can take a bit of ribbing in the form of parody. Tony Goggle is brilliant. The Basschat Arms, too.

I fully understand the Mods' actions, though.

Just my opinion. :)

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='928968' date='Aug 18 2010, 07:37 PM']I have to admit I found it really funny, but I also have to agree it was always going to be a one-joke thread.

I think it was just a way to make us realise the forum can get a touch serious at times, and that it can take a bit of ribbing in the form of parody. Tony Goggle is brilliant. The Basschat Arms, too.

I fully understand the Mods' actions, though.

Just my opinion. :rolleyes:[/quote]
Don't think that's far off the mark there Pete. It certainly gave the idiots like me a sand-box to try out our.... er.... humour :) :lol: As do other little areas. We can be safely hemmed in and not alarm the residents living nearby too much. :o

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' post='928980' date='Aug 18 2010, 07:48 PM']Don't think that's far off the mark there Pete. It certainly gave the idiots like me a sand-box to try out our.... er.... humour :) :lol: As do other little areas. We can be safely hemmed in and not alarm the residents living nearby too much. :o[/quote]

Me too. :rolleyes:

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='928866' date='Aug 18 2010, 06:01 PM']It's not is it? The Marcus thing was just a good bit of banter wasn't it?[/quote]

Nobody is saying it wasn't "good banter" But it was good banter by a member who already had an account. If we let one member have two accounts then everybody is at it and using them to snipe at members who have flamed them in threads, then it gets out of hand etc.

It's as simple as that.

[quote name='Johngh' post='929200' date='Aug 18 2010, 10:49 PM']Nobody is saying it wasn't "good banter" But it was good banter by a member who already had an account. If we let one member have two accounts then everybody is at it and using them to snipe at members who have flamed them in threads, then it gets out of hand etc.

It's as simple as that.[/quote]
blow out the other guy - keep Marcus!! :rolleyes: :)

Just out of interest, how can anyone be sure that someone has two accounts?

I know IP addresses are often used but they are not particularly reliable as few people get fixed IP adresses from their ISP and a dynamic IP address can be easily changed - and, indeed, re-issued to someone else. Also, IP tracking is not much use if people have access to more than one PC (on a different router, obviously), e.g. work and home.

Just curious.

[quote name='flyfisher' post='929241' date='Aug 18 2010, 11:43 PM']Just out of interest, how can anyone be sure that someone has two accounts?

I know IP addresses are often used but they are not particularly reliable as few people get fixed IP adresses from their ISP and a dynamic IP address can be easily changed - and, indeed, re-issued to someone else. Also, IP tracking is not much use if people have access to more than one PC (on a different router, obviously), e.g. work and home.

Just curious.[/quote]
exactly!! 's what I tried to tell 'em :)