Why become a member? ×

i am the best buss gitar zlapper ever

Marcus Müller

[quote name='flyfisher' post='929241' date='Aug 18 2010, 11:43 PM']Just out of interest, how can anyone be sure that someone has two accounts?

I know IP addresses are often used but they are not particularly reliable as few people get fixed IP adresses from their ISP and a dynamic IP address can be easily changed - and, indeed, re-issued to someone else. Also, IP tracking is not much use if people have access to more than one PC (on a different router, obviously), e.g. work and home.

Just curious.[/quote]
Shonks explanation was deemed to be a flat out lie, something we have since proven (via the 2nd email address) and he has not felt the need to dispute.

IP addresses are indeed dynamic, but let's be realistic about this. In this case the IP's were used within minutes/hours of each other. IP's usually get a 24 hour lease - so it's not going to be given elsewhere in that time (router would have to be powered off remember). Also, what are the chances that the person who happens to get the first IP, has the same ISP, lives within 1-2 miles of original poster, plays bass and has registered on this forum ? :)

[quote name='Machines' post='929343' date='Aug 19 2010, 08:15 AM']Shonks explanation was deemed to be a flat out lie, something we have since proven (via the 2nd email address) and he has not felt the need to dispute.
:)[/quote]

I fail to see how the admin can justify this decision.

If that is the case and we have a liar amongst our ranks, why let Shonks continue with ANY form of account on here?
Surely both accounts should be suspended/removed because if this person thinks they can lie and fool admin, they aren't going to think twice about lying to us (and possibly ripping people off via sales etc.)

Should you not be removing the individual rather than the additional account, to protect honest users in this forum?

and as this is not the case, why has Basschat failed to enforce a fair and equal punishment to both account users?

Edited by skej21

[quote name='skej21' post='929361' date='Aug 19 2010, 08:48 AM']I fail to see how the admin can justify this decision.

If that is the case and we have a liar amongst our ranks, why let Shonks continue with ANY form of account on here?
Surely both accounts should be suspended/removed because if this person thinks they can lie and fool admin, they aren't going to think twice about lying to us (and possibly ripping people off via sales etc.)

Should you not be removing the individual rather than the additional account, to protect honest users in this forum?

and as this is not the case, why has Basschat failed to enforce a fair and equal punishment to both account users?[/quote]
blimey - hung drawn and flippin quartered.
ok, ok ok, twas me - I was having a larf - soooo anal ---- lighten up - its only 4 strings and a plank of wood....
,....oh...now I'm gonna rip everyone off......
bann me and Marcus then............UP YOURS ...wiv knobs on....

do you know??? its only rock an roll..!!!!

zlappiddy! zlapp! zlapp! boing! ah fank yoos wun unt all - ahll neffer darken yur durstep agen.
yoos all be zo sorry ah neffa shard ma knowlej wid you all - now yoos all stay in de rutt cos deers no mmoor luv heer

god bless ya all - ah still allwayz loov yas all rearguardless !
i fank yoo!

Edited by Shonks

[quote name='Shonks' post='929369' date='Aug 19 2010, 09:00 AM']blimey - hung drawn and flippin quartered.
ok, ok ok, twas me - I was having a larf - soooo anal ---- lighten up - its only 4 strings and a plank of wood....
bann me and Marcus then............UP YOURS![/quote]

Sorry dude, i didn't mean it like that!

PERSONALLY, i don't see what the problem is because you were only having a laugh but my point is that if admin want to over-react so badly, and feel that you committed such an HORRID crime, then why not punish you in a manner that fits the over-reaction?

Maybe because they feel guilty for over-reacting and spoiling the fun?

P.s. (The deep underlying sarcasm in my previous post was clearly lost in translation :S sorry!)

Edited by skej21

[quote name='skej21' post='929379' date='Aug 19 2010, 09:10 AM']Sorry dude, i didn't mean it like that!

PERSONALLY, i don't see what the problem is because you were only having a laugh but my point is that if admin want to over-react so badly, and feel that you committed such an HORRID crime, then why not punish you in a manner that fits the over-reaction?

Maybe because they feel guilty for over-reacting and spoiling the fun?

P.s. (The deep underlying sarcasm in my previous post was clearly lost in translation :S sorry!)[/quote]
no problem - but Marcus has gone now. I lost the vibe!!
RIP :)

Edited by Shonks

[quote name='Shonks' post='929369' date='Aug 19 2010, 09:00 AM']blimey - hung drawn and flippin quartered.
bann me and Marcus then............UP YOURS ...wiv knobs on....

do you know??? its only rock an roll..!!!!

zlappiddy! zlapp! zlapp! boing! ah fank yoos wun unt all - ahll neffer darken yur durstep agen.
yoos all be zo sorry ah neffa shard ma knowlej wid you all - now yoos all stay in de rutt cos deers no mmoor luv heer

god bless ya all - ah still allwayz loov yas all rearguardless !
i fank yoo![/quote]

RIP Marcus Muller. :)

Is this still going? It was funny for a little bit, but got old quick. It's pretty standard forum practice to not allow users to have multiple accounts too, on most forums I frequent. Understandable considering the big scam that happened here a while back with the supposed dead poster.