Why become a member? ×

Why was 'Bringing up the action ...' thread closed?

Clarky

Perfectly harmless, valid discussion point and no antagonism. Looks strange that it was closed???

Maybe if it had talked about the catholic church or Raoul Moat it would have been left to run .... :)

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='899505' date='Jul 19 2010, 10:23 PM']Perfectly harmless, valid discussion point and no antagonism. Looks strange that it was closed???[/quote]
I thought it odd as well.
Did someones finger inadvertently slip causing a mistaken deletion?

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='899523' date='Jul 19 2010, 10:32 PM']Probably because it echoes the bass_ferret "action like a girl" thread. Just guessing...[/quote]
Seriously I hope that's not the case. Because if it is, that's just bollocks. There are so many downright offensive and/or insulting posts in the rather wilder OT threads which are allowed to run and run .... As I say I hope that's not the case.

Ps happy to delete this post if it's completely barking up the wrong tree

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='899534' date='Jul 19 2010, 10:43 PM']I'm in before they close this thread! :)[/quote]
As someone so bloody English that I virtually apologize before crossing the road it would be something of an achievement to get a thread locked, not to say a little punk!

Rock n roll credibility at last

Ps sorry for the swear word

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='899529' date='Jul 19 2010, 10:35 PM']Seriously I hope that's not the case. Because if it is, that's just bollocks. There are so many downright offensive and/or insulting posts in the rather wilder OT threads which are allowed to run and run .... As I say I hope that's not the case.

Ps happy to delete this post if it's completely barking up the wrong tree[/quote]

+1, I was wondering if it was because of the "time to be a man" comment. I can't imagine it is, but if it is because of that I think it's a bit silly when you look at some of the posts in Off Topic. But I don't think it will be because of that, the mods aren't that strict.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='899552' date='Jul 19 2010, 10:53 PM']Maybe one of the mods is currently going through gender reassignment surgery and it was a bit too close to the bone. No pun intended.[/quote]
:)

Sniggers some more.

[quote name='Clarky' post='899544' date='Jul 19 2010, 10:50 PM']As someone so bloody English that I virtually apologize before crossing the road it would be something of an achievement to get a thread locked, not to say a little punk!

Rock n roll credibility at last

Ps sorry for the swear word[/quote]
Back into my English box, apologizing to all and sundry for overreacting. Back to discussing scale length and the merits of nitro finishes :)