Why become a member? ×

* SOLD * Rickenbacker 4001 * PENDING ETC *

Lysdexia

Blue Rickenbacker 4001 - pics to follow later today.

The classic bass - this one is in excellent condition. Comes in a non-original case, but functional nonetheless.

I'd be interested in a trade + cash for two specific basses if any are up for grabs.

1. A Fender USA/CIJ jazz - [b]must [/b]have a maple board. Preferably with block inlays - so one like the white CIJ 75 RI would be perfect

or

2. Warwick Stramer Jazzman LX.

Cheers - get in touch via PM as ever!
[b]
£1150 shipped.

£1100 collected.[/b]

Edited by Lysdexia

[quote name='Lysdexia' post='876133' date='Jun 24 2010, 09:04 AM']Model no shows are a fact of life. Option 2 being attempted today.

Rurality people plurality reality dictates that option 3 means pics...with no stands.[/quote]Damn shame! oh well pics of the bass will have to do i guess!

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='876333' date='Jun 24 2010, 01:01 PM']On a series note, Do the birds come free with the Ricky?[/quote]

On an equally serious note - I [i]pay [/i]the models.

There is more to the shoot than basses of course - most of the girls are happy to tag these shots on for me. The girl today was a familiar face to me and perfect for the Ric as you will see later this evening :)

While the pics of the bass support are stunning, I would like some decent close ups of the bass itself please?

I'm 63 and still chase women but I can't remember why so I fill my life with music. :)

Is there a cover for the err, pickup?

[quote name='tom1946' post='877063' date='Jun 25 2010, 06:47 AM']While the pics of the bass support are stunning, I would like some decent close ups of the bass itself please?

I'm 63 and still chase women but I can't remember why so I fill my life with music. :)

Is there a cover for the err, pickup?[/quote]

Hi Tom - of course, Sir, my pleasure. Whilst the photos are fun - they are also intended to illustrate the bass that I am selling.

So;

As you can see, the bass itself is in remarkable condition for it's vintage - 1980. Currently it has a small, white, self-fashioned thumb rest just above the neck pup. Nothing was altered on the bass to achieve this and can be easily removed. And, yes, there is a pick-up cover for the bass, but it's at my home in France and so I'd have to post that on my return after the 4th of July. No problem.

Edited by Lysdexia

Really interested in this ... are there any dings or imperfections I should know about before I check the bank balance?

(I have to say all the pictures are stunning ... even though everyone else has ... superb marketing!)

Thanks
Peter

[quote name='slazman' post='877228' date='Jun 25 2010, 11:04 AM']Really interested in this ... are there any dings or imperfections I should know about before I check the bank balance?

(I have to say all the pictures are stunning ... even though everyone else has ... superb marketing!)

Thanks
Peter[/quote]

Hi Peter - there are a few minor dings, all of them are illustrated in the pics, so you can see how minor they are. It really is a beautiful bass in superb condition for it's age. Keep in mind that it does not have the original case, but a good quality tolex does come with it. You can either collect from Glasgow or have it delivered - you choice - but it will be packed to within an inch of it's life for transport in any case.

Here's another shot I liked.