Why become a member? ×

Overwater J series Deluxe Vintage 4 string Custom Bass and case

BCH

[size=3][b]Overwater J series Deluxe Vintage 4 string Custom Bass and case[/b][/size]
Hi all ....For sale my fabulous and unique Overwater J series Deluxe Vintage 4 string bass, built for me by Chris May (I can send you an article on Chris) and his team at Overwater. I ordered this in September 2008 and was finished in Jan 2009. With Chris and Lawrence advice I specified the best materials, hardware and electronics, see spec below.
Chris kindly signed the back of the headstock, before many layers of lacquer, see pic.

I have tried to capture the finish but cannot do it justice. It is called Trans Blue over a highly figured curly maple top. The pic’s make it look blue…it is not…it is a marine blue, which is stunning and gives a deep colour in different lights. If you intend to bid I will send bigger pics, let me know the capacity of you e-mail. The finish is continued on the headstock and the neck and fingerboard are Birds Eye Maple with Paua block inlays.

The bass is as new, a dream to play, great looking and a huge sound pallet, see link to electronics. There is a small ding on the back just above the top relief line, cannot capture in a pic. Please visit the Overwater site and others selling stock J’s, which are selling for £2949 ...[font="Arial Black"]I am selling at £2000[/font]
Any questions and trial please contact. I would like you to collect the bass, as I want you to be completely happy.
www.overwaterbasses.com/j-series.htm
[url="http://bit.ly/95PyR5"]http://bit.ly/95PyR5[/url]

DiMarzio Ultra Jazz pickups with Andere Audio three band EQ with Z-mode switch. Controls are…Volume, Z-Mode switch, Mid/Balance stack, Treble/Bass stack, LED Battery Meter, & Output Jack.
The Z-Mode switch reconfigures the preamp to change the loading applied to the pickups. Pickups interact with the vibrating strings differently in the modes and this changes the voice of the instrument.
• Mid Z-Mode (center position) - is the sound of your passive bass. You will not lose your passive goodness and you will gain more responsiveness and better pickup mixing. Typically players spend the majority of their time in this mode.
• High Z-Mode (toward the bridge) - is a bright aggressive sound. This mode is often used for slap playing.
• Low Z-Mode (toward the neck) - is a deeper fuller sound response. The unique aspect of this mode is it features very good note timing location and is never muddy. Lots of bass players have been looking for this sound and attempting to get it with tone controls on other preamps but that does not work.
In summary, the switch gives you 3 organic starting points, from which you can tweak pickup balance and add tone control.
The Z-Mode switch makes the Audere preamps not only the best sounding preamps but also the most versatile tone range in the preamp market.
www.audereaudio.com/JZ3.htm
www.dimarzio.com/site/#/pickups/

Overwater Custom Spec Sheet
Instrument Type: J-Series Deluxe Vintage Style with Bell Plate
Number of Strings: 4
Scale Length: 34"
Neck: Birdseye Maple
String spacing: 19mm
Fingerboard: Birdseye Maple
Fretted/Fretless: Fretted
Binding: Maple
Position Markers: Paua Block inlay with blackside dots
Body: Light weight Swamp ash
Top (full over top): Highly Figured Curly Flame Maple
Electronics(rear routed): Audere Audio JZ3
Pickup type: DiMarzio
Pickup Placement: Std
Bridge Type: Hipshot A style Chrome
Machine Heads: Hipshot Clover type
Finish: Trans Blue with matching Headstock and Pearloide Scratch plate
[attachment=52723:DSC_2533.jpg]
[attachment=52720:DSC_2530.jpg]
[attachment=52721:DSC_2531.jpg]
[attachment=52727:DSC_2539.jpg]
[attachment=52726:DSC_2538.jpg]
[attachment=52725:DSC_2536.jpg]
[attachment=52724:DSC_2535.jpg]
[attachment=52728:DSC_2542.jpg]
[attachment=52717:DSC_2526.jpg]
[attachment=52719:DSC_2529.jpg]
[attachment=52718:DSC_2528.jpg]
[attachment=52722:DSC_2532.jpg]

[quote name='ziggydolphinboy' post='873650' date='Jun 21 2010, 05:15 PM']wow
was wacthing this on the flea bay butt totally out of my price range i was about 800 quid out!!!!
beutiful.[/quote]

Me too - loving the inlays :)

[quote name='tom1946' post='873765' date='Jun 21 2010, 07:08 PM']Crikey!

I suppose I could spend half of my classic car fund on it.....

I can resist everything but temptation. :)

Stunning.[/quote]
And if its a 105E you refer to then thats gonna leave you £1500 short :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...