Why become a member? ×

Which bass would you still go for if you already had too many?

12stringbassist

[quote name='JimD' post='870696' date='Jun 18 2010, 12:35 PM']After seeing Darren from the Pirate Twins playing a Status Series II with Thomas Dolby earlier in the year.....[/quote]
Did you go to the Union Chapel "Flat Earth" gig?
I'd love to have gone but it would have meant a stop-over & I couldn't get the following day off work.

I did, and it was sooo good. You might be able to see the pics I took on Flickr if this URL works

[url="http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=dolby&w=39526605%40N00"]http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=dolby&w=39526605%40N00[/url]

Of-interest-to-bassists-that-night were Matthew Seligman (TD bassist in the 80's), Martin Mcaloon from Prefab Sprout, and Trevor Horn, but when Darren did the sequenced bassline from Hyperactive on his Status it was really "something-to-see".

[quote name='RhysP' post='870758' date='Jun 18 2010, 01:22 PM']Did you go to the Union Chapel "Flat Earth" gig?
I'd love to have gone but it would have meant a stop-over & I couldn't get the following day off work.[/quote]

[quote name='JimD' post='870771' date='Jun 18 2010, 01:36 PM']when Darren did the sequenced bassline from Hyperactive on his Status it was really "something-to-see".[/quote]

I'd forgotten about that track! I used to play it in a covers band in the late 80s... took ages to get the bass part sounding right! :)

I now have my full complement of basses and it would be economically and matrimonially very bad to add to that BUT...

I have major GAS for the new [url="http://www.fret-king.com/venturasuper80car_spec.html"]Fret-King Ventura Super 80 Bass[/url]. And I haven't even tried one...

[quote name='fender73' post='870737' date='Jun 18 2010, 01:01 PM']yamaha attitude for me please, sea foam green or Candy Apple Red[/quote]

Seconded, or a Urge II.
My P-bass is becoming more and more like an Attitude as we speak...a few features...actually ALL features on that bass will work for me 100%!
I want the Seafoam Green tho, even tho he plays Lava Red, Seafoam Green is the colour I associate...Black looks like any other P-bass (such as mine!)

[quote name='alanbass1' post='872934' date='Jun 20 2010, 03:00 PM']Um, I think I would get another one of these:

[/quote]

Now I don't have to go find a picture to post. I want a Rickie- and no number of basses I might have (won't be anywhere near the magnitude of some of the quivers seen around here) would cause me a moment's hesitation. In fact I'd be ready to unload a few to make room. I had one, but learned a hard lesson! I'll be back, I am sure of it.

I want an older "S" series- no binding, set-neck, dots, curves, mono output. Color is less an issue. There I go: "I want"... glad my kids don't read this stuff! :)

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' post='870270' date='Jun 17 2010, 09:52 PM']Got 9 basses, but will be offloading some soon due to lack of space,& not using enough.
Answer to the question has to be , a Kubicki ex factor,a headless zon, steinberger trans trem..
better stop now :)[/quote]

Well played - I don't think I could make do these days without a Kubicki Ex Factor, they are just too cool. This thread has also made me take note of the bassline to "Hyperactive" by Thomas Dolby for the first time, and I'll be setting out to learn that bassline over the next few days, it is incredible.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='872300' date='Jun 19 2010, 11:46 PM']KingBass Mk-II 5-string for me :)

[/quote]
+1 but customised with a deeper lower cutaway so the 24th fret can be reached, soapbars and headless....

...or I could do something with the 10 or so Steinberger necks I still have sitting around at home here...