Why become a member? ×

Got GAS now, dammit!

discreet

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='858861' date='Jun 6 2010, 01:35 PM']I like it although I'd prefer it to be less busy with the pickup configuration.[/quote]

I could certainly do without the J pickup.
I'm assuming it has concentric pots. Is there ever a situation where you have two pickups but one tone and one volume control?

[quote name='Clarky' post='858826' date='Jun 6 2010, 12:54 PM']Peddent - wot woz my 1th mistake init? :rolleyes:[/quote]

[i]coming to hazzard county in the first place[/i]

aaaah, it never gets old !!!

:)

Edited by ahpook

The rumour is, it was commissioned by David Steele, he of 'The Beat', later of 'Fine Young Cannibals' and producer of Gabrielle's top ten Album 'Find Your Way.' Perhaps someone can confirm?

V&R didn't seem to be exactly 100% about it. Not that it matters, really. I've arranged to trot down to Denmark Street and check it out - tomorrow!

What the bloody hell am I going to do? I love it already - If it's a player I'm going to be totally in the sh1t! :)

[quote name='discreet' post='858888' date='Jun 6 2010, 02:10 PM']What the bloody hell am I going to do? I love it already - If it's a player I'm going to be totally in the sh1t! :)[/quote]

Negotiate hard on the price - I don't think he qualifies as a celebrity, that wouldn't add a thing to the value of it anyway.

Edited by molan

[quote name='molan' post='858892' date='Jun 6 2010, 02:22 PM']Negotiate hard on the price - I don't think he qualifies as a celbrity, that wouldn't add a thing to the value of it anyway.[/quote]

Yes, it has to be seen for what it is. I must try to keep calm. CALM!

[quote name='molan' post='858892' date='Jun 6 2010, 02:22 PM']Negotiate hard on the price - I don't think he qualifies as a celbrity, that wouldn't add a thing to the value of it anyway.[/quote]
+1

I got £200 off the fretless even though it was a commission sale (they implied they could have gone lower if it was from their own stock)

[quote name='Clarky' post='858819' date='Jun 6 2010, 12:46 PM']Good to see that V&R are still listing my 1976 fretless Precision around two thirds of the way down the FS page, even though I bought it about 3 months ago now!!!! [url="http://www.vintageandrareguitars.com/web/Our-Catalogue/Fender/Electric-Basses"]http://www.vintageandrareguitars.com/web/O...Electric-Basses[/url][/quote]

Ahh... I thought it looked familiar!

Edit: A bit bloody lax on the old website updating, though.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' post='858857' date='Jun 6 2010, 01:23 PM']You know it! Maybe I should just buy this jacket instead... it'll be cheaper.

EDIT: Should still go nicely with my Oly P...[/quote]

It would make a nice accessory when you do get the bass, (boots and hat as standard) :)

[quote name='Tee' post='858803' date='Jun 6 2010, 12:26 PM']Looks quite Robert De Leo.[/quote]

The current mrs discreet claims he used to play a butterscotch Schecter Model-T. Which is a lot cheaper! But no sonic blue, though...

[quote name='discreet' post='858952' date='Jun 6 2010, 03:43 PM']The current mrs discreet claims he used to play a butterscotch Schecter Model-T. Which is a lot cheaper! But no sonic blue, though...

[/quote]

Isn't that supposedly a bit of a relationship faux-pas?

"This is my current girlfriend"

:)

But she'd be right in her identification of that Schrecter

Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='858971' date='Jun 6 2010, 03:52 PM']Isn't that supposedly a bit of a relationship faux-pas? "This is my current girlfriend" :)[/quote]

He, he. Just a bit of a laff. We watched a doc about Victorian Britian when families were huge and a lot of women routinely died during childbirth. To avoid embarrassment, a gentleman would politely ask, 'how is the current mrs discreet' or whoever, because there was a fair chance she would have died and quickly been replaced in the interim, as it was not the done thing for a gentleman to remain unmarried for long...

[quote name='discreet' post='858978' date='Jun 6 2010, 03:59 PM']He, he. Just a bit of a laff. We watched a doc about Victorian Britian when families were huge and a lot of women routinely died during childbirth. To avoid embarrassment, a gentleman would politely ask, 'how is the current mrs discreet' or whoever, because there was a fair chance she would have died and quickly been replaced in the interim, as it was not the done thing for a gentleman to remain unmarried for long...[/quote]
Lets face it if theres no wife "Theres no Tea" :)

[quote name='discreet' post='858791' date='Jun 6 2010, 12:14 PM']I think you may be right... and that's why I'm getting a bit of a pervy buzz off it

At last, an excuse to wear a fringed suede jacket! Ohhh.[/quote]

Thre is never a good enough excuse to wear a fringed suede jacket. :)

Unless you are Peter Fonda.

Jez

Edited by jezzaboy

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='859108' date='Jun 6 2010, 06:20 PM']Thre is never a good enough excuse to wear a fringed suede jacket. :)
Unless you are Peter Fonda.[/quote]

Sadly, I'm not Peter Fonda. What about this fringed suede waistcoat?