Why become a member? ×

Sei Flamboyant headed 5 SOLD

Basically I've been offered a once in a lifetime buy, and I need some extra cash to make it happen. However my window of opportunity is tiny (next few days) and when that goes this will probably be withdrawn if it hasn't already gone; I've no real desire to sell it otherwise as it's a blinding bass in every respect.

So; for sale, Sei Flamboyant headed 5 with flamed ash body, highly figured maple facings front and back (quilt with burl), birdseye maple board with purfling, flamed maple and mahogany neck, red side LEDs, twin Barts, Schack 18V circuit, piezo bridge, gold hardware all round. In excellent condition; the only flaw is a slight discoloration around one edge of the battery compartment where an old battery leaked at Moffat 2009; this really is something and nothing. No problems since and everything works great. Action is incredible and it's without doubt the nicest 5 string neck I've ever played, lovely and shallow. Spacing is around 17mm I think (can't find my ruler!) but is adjustable. Comes with gig bag. £1500 firm, sorry no trades or offers; this is a £3k bass new with a wait time of over 12 months. It sounds stunning and is extremely versatile. The B is as good as I've heard.

Two things; if my window of opportunity closes (likely) and the bass I'm looking at goes, then this will be withdrawn. Also, I'm off to see RATM on Sunday so may, repeat may decide to take it to the Gallery for a commission sale, depending on the situation. This also means if someone wanted a quick buy I could maybe meet them in central London somewhere Saturday.

Any questions please ask.

Pics attached, and can send more if required. And no, the singlecut doesn't come with it (that's already gone)!

Edited by 4000

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='856670' date='Jun 3 2010, 11:01 PM']Blimey Shaun this other bass must be magnificent if you're thinking of selling your Sei.
I'm curious to what it might be.[/quote]

Rich, have a guess....and then make it a really, really rare one. :)

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='856728' date='Jun 4 2010, 12:18 AM']Its a Gibson EB-1....[/quote]

"Oh no it isn't..." :)

Lozbass, it's actually my favourite of the 4 Seis I've owned (which is saying something) and yep, it's rather nice!

Ziggy, I'm near Blackpool.

[quote name='4000' post='856672' date='Jun 3 2010, 11:02 PM']Rich, have a guess....and then make it a really, really rare one. :)[/quote]
PLEASE don't say you're selling that bass to buy a bloody vintage Fender........

[quote name='RhysP' post='857522' date='Jun 4 2010, 06:06 PM']PLEASE don't say you're selling that bass to buy a bloody vintage Fender........[/quote]
I'll have less of the F word round here thanks. :)

Nah.....it is vintage though. :rolleyes:

[quote name='4000' post='857679' date='Jun 4 2010, 08:56 PM']Nope. :)

Thanks for the comment though![/quote]
Good luck with the sale shaun,i am still loving the sei 4.......all the best John

Should really be "The Art Gallery" rather than "The Bass Gallery". Similar to the spec of the SeiF5 I had made in burl walnut and ebony. Just a work of art. You feel you should be wearing silk breeches and a powdered wig to play it. Best of luck with your transactions.

[quote name='haimesy' post='857937' date='Jun 5 2010, 08:27 AM']Good luck with the sale shaun,i am still loving the sei 4.......all the best John[/quote]

Cheers John, and glad to hear it.

To all those who've shown interest, thanks and apologies for the delay (all have been PMd), but (1) I've been away in London (the RATM gig was mental!) and (2) everything has gone quiet with regards to the bass I'm interested in. I sent a few messages to the seller before I went to London on Saturday, but as yet have had no response. Until I'm sure that it's still available the Sei is going on hold; I'll keep you all posted.

BTW MoonBassAlpha - good call. :)

Edited by 4000

Update: Looks like things may be all go with my bass of interest. Just a couple of things still to confirm; the good news for all concerned is I may have been given another week at least due to the seller's work commitments.

As soon as things are definite either way I'll let all interested parties know. This could however still go pear-shaped so I don't want to get people's hopes up too soon.

Edited by 4000