Why become a member? ×

**SOLD**Fender American Vintage 62 RI Precision**SOLD**

OutToPlayJazz

[b][font="Comic Sans MS"][size=5]This bass is now **SOLD**, subject to the usual... Many thanks for all the interest.

Rich.[/size]
[/font][/b]

[size=4][font="Comic Sans MS"]Okay, here goes the second one of the day...

Fender American Vintage Precision, complete with all covers, DR FatBeam strings, original AV-series case & all case candy. It's been said by several of the Precision aficionados around here that it's the best Precision they've played. The Beedster said that his AV came seriously close in sound to his original '64. Nitro finish, gorgeous polished rosewood fingerboard, vintage reverse tuners. It's got the lot.

£900 for quick sale. No trades.

Rich 07545 471037[/font][/size]

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='829050' date='May 5 2010, 10:10 PM']C'mon Tom - You know you want it! :)[/quote]

That door is well and truly open already. Only God knows how much I want it. I would almost give my left bo**ock for it, but no-one's buying them lately :rolleyes:

Drat. Double drat.

Aaaaah

T

[quote name='Musicman20' post='829052' date='May 5 2010, 10:13 PM']That Deluxe must have been something to give up the Holy Grail of Precision tone!

:)[/quote]
It must. Rich was raving about the 62P last week; as I am still.

Anyway, it's a relief that I don't have to buy it because I've already got one. :rolleyes:

These basses are really fantastic - especially if you like vintage looks, feel, and tone.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='829057' date='May 5 2010, 10:16 PM']It must. Rich was raving about the 62P last week; as I am still.

Anyway, it's a relief that I don't have to buy it because I've already got one. :lol:

These basses are really fantastic - especially if you like vintage looks, feel, and tone.[/quote]

Yes, the AV62 is a seriously lovely bass as you know, Dave :) But the new Deluxe just made exactly the sound I want & fitted my hands like a glove, basically.

Not to mention the fact that I've been doing some consultancy work for the dealer in question & I'll get it at a lovely price as well :rolleyes:

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='829062' date='May 5 2010, 10:20 PM']Rich, were you at the Brighton Centre on Saturday last with the Strictly show? If so, Mrs ET and her mother thought you were great.[/quote]

Hey Dave, no our crew was at Nidd Hall near Harrogate for the Strictly tour this last weekend. We do five of the venues mainly.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='829277' date='May 6 2010, 08:09 AM']I'm surprised that this is up for sale so quickly Rich :lol:

Having owned active Fenders in the past I can't help wondering if you're not going to regret this.

Here's me wishing I still used 4 strings :)[/quote]

Hi Peter, yes the new Deluxe is very good, but I won't be disappointed if this one doesn't sell, as it is such a nice bass. Like I need to tell you!

We'll see what happens, but as you know yourself, when you play a Status as your main bass, everything else is optional! :rolleyes:

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='829351' date='May 6 2010, 09:41 AM']Hey Dave, no our crew was at Nidd Hall near Harrogate for the Strictly tour this last weekend. We do five of the venues mainly.[/quote]
Ah, ok, in that case someone else was very good - although I'm sure you were very good too.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='829828' date='May 6 2010, 05:14 PM']Ah, ok, in that case someone else was very good - although I'm sure you were very good too.[/quote]

Er, okay - Thanks, I think... :rolleyes:

Yes, there are two or three crews doing this tour until the end of the summer. Ours is the one with the Jeff Hooper band. Glad to hear Mrs.ET & her Mum enjoyed the show, though :)

Don't need to say 'told yer so' Rich :)

The only basses that stand the test of time in your house begin and end with an S. You will save yourself time and effort once you allow yourself to realise this. Tho I guess you'd have less fun......

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='829023' date='May 5 2010, 09:46 PM'][size=4][font="Comic Sans MS"]Okay, here goes the second one of the day...

Fender American Vintage Precision, complete with all covers, DR FatBeam strings, original AV-series case & all case candy. It's been said by several of the Precision aficionados around here that it's the best Precision they've played. The Beedster said that his AV came seriously close in sound to his original '64. Nitro finish, gorgeous polished rosewood fingerboard, vintage reverse tuners. It's got the lot.

£900 for quick sale. No trades.

Rich 07545 471037[/font][/size]

[/quote]

Here's my '62 just for comparison[attachment=49082:misc_096.jpg].
Good luck with the sale Rich.

Edited by Mr Bassman

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='830185' date='May 6 2010, 11:21 PM']Here's my '62 just for comparison[attachment=49082:misc_096.jpg].
Good luck with the sale Rich.[/quote]

Is your '62 the real mccoy or an AV reissue like mine? Looks like a really nice bass you have there!

Rich.

Wow, got enough winding on your string pegs there? :rolleyes:

Looks like a beauty, If I wasn't saving for an old one........well, then I'd be a bit richer......but I am, so good luck :)

Si

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='830185' date='May 6 2010, 11:21 PM']Here's my '62 just for comparison[attachment=49082:misc_096.jpg].
Good luck with the sale Rich.[/quote]

Thats a bit expensive to just leave out with the trash isn't it!

[quote name='Sibob' post='832279' date='May 9 2010, 03:36 PM']Wow, got enough winding on your string pegs there? :lol:

Looks like a beauty, If I wasn't saving for an old one........well, then I'd be a bit richer......but I am, so good luck :rolleyes:

Si[/quote]

Heh! That's just how the string winding should be - Creates more downforce on the end of the string and thusly more tension. But then again, what do I know? I usually play headless basses! :)