Why become a member? ×

Perfect bass for playing 'Rawhide'.

tombboy

Sick buckets at the ready ladies & gentlemen...........
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MusicMan-Stingray-4-Kuhfell-Bass-3Band-Ernie-Ball_W0QQitemZ200174022545QQihZ010QQcategoryZ114468QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MusicMan-Stingray-4-...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Hnmm, if it doesn't go up by too much, could be an excellent buy.

I'm presuming that's a refinish (kinda) rather than just a loose cover, so if you could get it for 4-500 for a Stingray, factor in a professional refinish, and you'll probably be quids in.

Edited by Buzz

[quote name='Buzz' post='89974' date='Nov 17 2007, 06:42 PM']Hnmm, if it doesn't go up by too much, could be an excellent buy.

I'm presuming that's a refinish (kinda) rather than just a loose cover, so if you could get it for 4-500 for a Stingray, factor in a professional refinish, and you'll probably be quids in.[/quote]

Nah its definitely "something" sewn on - look at the stitches around the edge and you can see the outline of the neckplate & screw under the cover. I bet its glued on as well.

Cowboys on acid shouldn't be allowed near basses. Oh well at least its only an EBMM.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='89984' date='Nov 17 2007, 07:07 PM']Nah its definitely "something" sewn on - look at the stitches around the edge and you can see the outline of the neckplate & screw under the cover. I bet its glued on as well.

Cowboys on acid shouldn't be allowed near basses. Oh well at least its only an EBMM.[/quote]

Yeah the listing says it's sewn on (and lightly glued in places) and can be removed to reveal the original sunburst - which has the usual scratches etc. He goes on to say that the short hair doesn't affect the playability [b]"unless you take it in the mouth"[/b] ????? :)

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='90455' date='Nov 18 2007, 08:03 PM']why? :wacko:[/quote]

Hirst is the guy who cut a calf in half and stuck it in a perspex tank full of formaldehyde.

Charles Saatchi paid a fortune for it as a work of art. Allegedly.

Then the tank started to leak.

Yuk.

Someone ought to post that link on the EBMM forum and see what response it gets :ph34r: I think those villagers will storm the castle with torches and pitchforks if they see that through their blinkers. I can hear Colin Clive now, "It's Alive..." :)