Why become a member? ×

Bugera BVV3000

andytoad

Hi,
In my search for an affordable all valve amp, i have found the Bugera BVV3000. Does anyone have any information on them? are they any good for the money? Or should I stick with a 2nd hand better quality number.

cheers,

Andrew

Can't speak for the bass combos, but many of the guitar versions are genuinely good sounding (some prefer the tones over their Peavey equivalents) and the more recent releases I've seen have sounded great. They had problems early on with some amps literally catching fire, but quality seems to have been improved considerably since then. Not necessarily the best choice if you're planning a 200 date tour, but more than good enough for home/rehearsal use.

thanks for the advice everyone, I will go for a secondhand number, any advise on old v's new? eg would a silver facer fender amp stil be a good gigging amp for a pub band with a good PA? or should I go for something like the VBA400? I have about £600, so my options are limited! I dont mind if its a combo either!

cheers,

Andrew

[quote name='chris_b' post='821170' date='Apr 27 2010, 04:02 PM']Isn't Bugera and Behringer part of the same company? Nuff said![/quote]
Bugera is the silly quasi-Italian name that Behringer pulled out of thin air to stick on musical instrument amps, so that the ill-informed wouldn't realize it was Behringer until it was too late. :)

It reminds me of back in the 80's -ish when consumer good manufacturing company Matsui stormed in to retail outlets with their affordable goods with a far eastern name in order to compete with...errr... far eastern consumer goods manufacturing companies.

Matsui were - and may even still be - a British company. IIRC they are owned by the Dixon group now.

I've never had a problem with Bugera. In the last 12 months I've seen a JCM 900, a Peavey 5150 and a Carvin Legacy go up in smoke. Those amps hadn't played half of the gigs or as long as the guitards Bugera when they went. Plus the Bugera sounded a hell of a lot better than most of the other amps it shared the stage with. IMO it shows how much the "ill-informed" are being ripped off by the more respected manufacturers.

[quote name='Mog' post='823046' date='Apr 29 2010, 02:17 PM']I've never had a problem with Bugera. In the last 12 months I've seen a JCM 900, a Peavey 5150 and a Carvin Legacy go up in smoke. Those amps hadn't played half of the gigs or as long as the guitards Bugera when they went. Plus the Bugera sounded a hell of a lot better than most of the other amps it shared the stage with. IMO it shows how much the "ill-informed" are being ripped off by the more respected manufacturers.[/quote]
+1 Heard the guitar bugera's and they sound great,seriously good value for the money,they have actually gone up in price since when they were first introduced.Thing is there are good and bad amps made by everyone(as in reliability) but saying that second hand is were to put your money.

Nothing wrong with Bugera amps. They are well built, look good and have a decent range of sounds and for not a lot of money. Too many people jump on the Behringer bashing bandwagon without ever having used any of the gear.

• 2 years later...

[quote name='TankJon' timestamp='1273185146' post='830193']
Nothing wrong with Bugera amps. They are well built, look good and have a decent range of sounds and for not a lot of money. Too many people jump on the Behringer bashing bandwagon without ever having used any of the gear.
[/quote]

Totally agree!!!

Behringer/Bugera make good stuff. All the sh*tty stuff breaks down i.e: Those low end stomp pedals and the like.
If you spend a little extra, you get good quality equipment. Any of the rack mounted stuff is superb. I have EQ, compressor etc. They have been working fine for the last 8 years, and I'm sure will continue to work.

All this 'whining' about Behringer 'copying' stuff. So what!!!! Every guitar manufacturer and amp maker has been doing this since the 1950s. It's nothing new.....

To the 'gear snobs'... Go spend thousands on a 'name' brand if you want. If you haven't tried the equipment, you have no knowledge to comment with.
I have had Ampeg SVT, Marshall VBA400 fail because they are cheaply made. When they are working, the tone is incredible. But as is the nature of valve stuff, they are fragile. If you gig more than twice a week, you would need an amp tech just to make sure the equipment will continue to function.

I would love to hear how this new amp sounds. It can't be any worse than most 'top end' valve amps I've had: continually breaking down..........

Bugera are the same company as Behringer, but a bit higher end. Their guitar amps do sound absolutely great, I heard one as a gig a couple of months ago... but they still have QC issues from what I've heard so you may be unlucky and get an unreliable one.

I think it's time the Behringer thing was put to bed. They make products of a quality matching or sometimes exceeding their price point. The criticisms generally come from people who've never been near them let alone used them, and who simply spout the same old internet Behringer meme.

I've owned several Behringer products and had no problems, although to be fair I do treat gear pretty gently.

As far as the copying thing is concerned, the technology in an MI amplifier is well short of rocket science - mostly tried and true circuit configurations used by all manufacturers and probably copied with minor adaptations from semiconductor manufacturers' application notes.

I'm currently shopping round for a power amp and Behringer is well and truly on the shopping list. I admit there's a bit of herd avoidance and devil's advocacy involved.

EDIT: Before anyone mentions "Behringer watts", have a look at the spec sheets for PA power amps on the Behringer website.

Edited by dincz