Why become a member? ×

Can anyone ID this Bass player?

Kevin1841

Ok using powers of deduction this is what I have-

He is playing in a tropical country
The cable is a translucent plastic coated one (not too old!)
I believe the machine to his left is an ATM machine like a Link style one, so must be max of 5 year old pic
The drums and bass are older style goods but the Ziljdian cymbal looks fairly modern

This could all be useless information as I'm not sure if OP shot the pic

[quote name='throwoff' post='818901' date='Apr 26 2010, 09:32 AM']Ok using powers of deduction this is what I have-
He is playing in a tropical country
The cable is a translucent plastic coated one (not too old!)
I believe the machine to his left is an ATM machine like a Link style one, so must be max of 5 year old pic
The drums and bass are older style goods but the Ziljdian cymbal looks fairly modern[/quote]

You should be a detective... if you're not one already :)

Was going to say Lee Sklar as well, but this guy's beard is way too small, for starters.

[quote name='Kevin1841' post='819764' date='Apr 26 2010, 06:36 PM']Oh well, thanks for looking anyway guys... I don't suppose playing style would help? I have a 'video' clip that I can upload to youtube.[/quote]

May well be very helpfull actually. upload away.

[quote name='JTUK' post='819029' date='Apr 26 2010, 10:46 AM']Dunno..but old men in vests....???? FFS...!!

Watched a 70th birthday for John Mayall..which was surprisingly good as it happens...and JM wore a vest...

WTF..!!!![/quote]

He's in Goa for goodness sake. Lucky he's not naked ..

John Mayall has warn a vest to do gigs for decades. Bruce Willis modeled John Mclane after Mayall's sartorial elegance after having a few harmonica lessons from him.

:)

I'm impressed! Yes indeed it is Sea Breeze, although I wouldn't have remembered that before your post. (several cans of Haywards 5000 during the five hours we were there having blurred my memory). This is also why I didn't want to colour the issue by stating that I vaguely remember somebody in the audience stating that this was John Haggerty of 'Judas Priest' as clearly both parts of the statement are wrong.

Edited by Kevin1841

[quote name='JTUK' post='819029' date='Apr 26 2010, 10:46 AM']Dunno..but old men in vests....???? FFS...!!

Watched a 70th birthday for John Mayall..which was surprisingly good as it happens...and JM wore a vest...

WTF..!!!![/quote]

Great show - was the highlight of my career in the music biz putting that together - couldn't top it so now I garden for a living!! The rest of the Bluesbreakers were mortified when he went on stage in what they referred to as "the Wifebeater", and even Mrs Mayall couldn't get him to put something more respectable on!

WTF..!!!![/quote]
Yeah, old people wearing vests and breathing air - who do they think they are? :)