Why become a member? ×

1978 Fender Jazz £1400!!

bassmeg

[b]No-one biting at the mo, things must be tight. Re-price £1400 * I aint goin' lower.*[/b]

[attachment=47568:DSCN2118.JPG][attachment=47567:DSCN2134.JPG][attachment=47566:DSCN2123.JPG]
[attachment=47565:DSCN2120.JPG][attachment=47564:DSCN2117.JPG][attachment=47563:DSCN2116.JPG]
[attachment=47570:DSCN2129.JPG][attachment=47571:DSCN2126.JPG][attachment=47572:DSCN2124.JPG
[attachment=47569:DSCN2128.JPG]

I have had this guitar since 2002.

Has been gigged tons by me, as you will see in the pictures this has not been stuck on the wall for years, but has been doing what it was designed to do - be played.

Shes a real beaut to play, lovely playable neck a real good slapper.

As far as i am aware, and i am no collector of these things so my knowledge is poor, i have no reason to believe that this is not 100% original. As you can see by the paintwork, that certainly is. The paintwork, since i have had it has been like this. Mojo'd/ugly bastard, you can decide. It does not just peel off.

It comes with the original fluffy lined hard case.

If you would like to know more, please ask. Anyone would be welcome to come and have a look/try.

Now, the price. This is worth what someones willing to pay i guess, so i am asking £1700. No rules broken, no auction here, feel free to offer below this, I live in Portsmouth and, so if you want to give it a going over you can find the bass here.

Edited by bassmeg

[quote name='Sibob' post='809355' date='Apr 17 2010, 12:55 PM']I'll bite..........have you got a weight for it? lol

Looks lovely though! :)

Si[/quote]

Fat lass, 10.4lbs on the scales.

[quote name='Jigster' post='809362' date='Apr 17 2010, 01:01 PM']why does the passiveness annoy you? not enuf output?[/quote]

Dont know really. The pups on this are hot (tech from shop confirmed this 2 days ago) but to be honest, i play in a 5 piece band and to cut through i need the sound to be active. I bought a G&L tribute 2000 yesterday and the sound is just, err, more "right". For me anyway.

I cant afford to be a collector, so, maybe i have to move it on. It does make it hard when everyone is saying how nice it is. But i cant just leave it hanging there.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got an almost identical bass to this, 1978, black, awful crazed paintwork (although mine's pretty much all flaked off now), but with a maple neck, and it sounds incredible. Heavy, but great.

If you want to cut through the mix more I find just rolling off the bridge pickup just 2 or 3 back from full and it becomes a much fuller bodied sound.

Anyway. Have a bump on me. If I didn't own this already I'd be jumping on it!

Rich

[quote name='ritch' post='835213' date='May 12 2010, 12:27 PM']I've got an almost identical bass to this, 1978, black, awful crazed paintwork (although mine's pretty much all flaked off now), but with a maple neck, and it sounds incredible. Heavy, but great.

If you want to cut through the mix more I find just rolling off the bridge pickup just 2 or 3 back from full and it becomes a much fuller bodied sound.

Anyway. Have a bump on me. If I didn't own this already I'd be jumping on it!

Rich[/quote]
wanna sell it?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have the same with maple neck, these 78' heavy weight basses have a lot of bottom.... I am selling mine, because I prefer a rosewood neck..and a little bit less of weight :blink: .it's a shame your's is as heavy as mine....

Bumpy.

Got to wonder about how heavy 10.4lbs is. 4.7kgs is another way to put it i suppose. But is 5kgs so heavy as to be that uncomfortable?

I have never even thought about it.

If it bothers people so much, then maybe some exercise is in order, or i could throw a small shelf to rest it on.

[quote name='dafonky' timestamp='1362729749' post='2003833']
Hi, I have the same with maple neck, these 78' heavy weight basses have a lot of bottom.... I am selling mine, because I prefer a rosewood neck..and a little bit less of weight :blink: .it's a shame your's is as heavy as mine....
[/quote]

I agree, great bottom end. :)[size=4] [/size]