Why become a member? ×

Hipshot D tuners

witterth

can anyone put me in touch/recommend a place where I get hold of and get a hipshot "d" tuner(and fitted) to a stingray? preferably in manchester or lancashire area in general?
also Id like some schaller(?) strap locks, any one selling any?
again to match 2 stingray basses.
thanks Guys...
W

Fitting a Hipshot to a Stingray is very straightforward - if you can work a screwdriver, you'll be OK. As long as you've bought the right Hipshot, natch. It takes about 20 minutes, including setting: they're very well designed and explained.

Go for it! :)

M

[quote name='Doddy' post='801745' date='Apr 10 2010, 01:00 PM']I got one years ago,and I think I ordered it from Mansons in Exeter. I fitted it myself,it's
really easy to do.
It must be easy if I could do it. :)[/quote]
right then,maybe I'll try,...... its just my Mrs W, well......she
gets cross when I even ask where the screwdrivers are...KWIM? Mr Doddy? ( & she bought my guitar for me birthday as well!!) she IS the boss here!
oh.....&...
strap locks...anyone?

Edit
thanks as well Muzz!!

Edited by witterth

I thought you could pick the the tuning B,C orD?? or whatever
Oh god.... tell me I'm right !!!???
I'm thinking,you tube, based on Micheal ...(fretless guy... oh whats his name again?) whole Gig based on "d" tuners....
btw,straplocks anyone?
no?
W

Edited by witterth

[quote name='witterth' post='802084' date='Apr 10 2010, 08:14 PM']I thought you could pick the the tuning B,C orD?? or whatever
Oh god.... tell me I'm right !!!???
I'm thinking,you tube, based on Micheal ...(fretless guy... oh whats his name again?) whole Gig based on "d" tuners....
btw,straplocks anyone?
no?
W[/quote]

Michael Manring I assume.

There is a screw at the back which you set so that as you flip the lever the peg tilts,adjusting the note. You can
set the key to drop anywhere from an Eb down to a B comfortably.

Ta......
thats what I thought!!
thanks Mr D!!
anyone also, know of a multi 9 volt power supply?
I wanna power a few pedals(?) 2/3 of them
possibly
(can add/subtract to is what I need) Ideas?

and ....straplocks? anyone?
thanks
W
Edit
I want loads of "bits" leads,pedals,psu's,all of it really
feel free to Pm me
just starting up again so.......... most kit considered for buying
ok for guitars. amps & cabs though!!
its the smalls Im after..

Edited by witterth

I bought TAYSTE2000's jazz bass (60's reissue burgundy mist), fitted with Hipshot BT-3 Extender.

Always been curious...and, it works; like it.

I won't however be buying more to fit to my other basses - this one is staying though.

Edited by AndyTravis

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='802282' date='Apr 11 2010, 01:36 AM']Alan from ACG (posts as Skelf) is a Hipshot dealer I believe.[/quote]
where he?
is he"local"? as MB1 would say!!!
By that I mean manchester/lancashire
I want a tuner soon so...
thought about it and I would prefer it was if it was fitted by a pro.....any ideas?
I know...... Im robbin' meself!!!(e.c.t.)
W

My last one came from this chap over the pond:
[url="http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/HDCustom-Guitar-Supply_Detuners-Extenders-Stabalizers_W0QQ_fsubZ168571419QQ_sidZ125392899QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322"]http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/HDCustom-Gui...634Q2ec0Q2em322[/url]
A good bloke to deal with and four items including a D-tuner took just over a week to arrive. I've just asked him about whether a lollypop set of the hipshot ultralites with 1/2" posts, plus a matching D-tuner are available. If so my CIJ mustang is probably on its way to being transformed into the coolest CIJ mustang ever!

D-tuners are dead simple to install - no drilling or fiddling around at all, more or less unscrew the old one and screw on the new one - ensuring you use the supplied flat-topped screws. pop a bit of vaseline on the moving bit, tune it up & set the thumbwheel for the detuned note.

• 2 weeks later...

Any music shop selling guitars in Manchester will sell you strap locks. If they must be Schaller, call them first. Use Google.

I can recommend the Schaller type having just researched straplocks. The reasons are they are well made (and so are most of the others) but mainly because they don't cause the point where strap hangs to be so far from the body as some of the others, EB type in particular which causes a good 15mm gap between the body and the strap. This means more strain on the screw. Also you don't need to drill out the screw holes with Schaller.

I have just fitted these and a Hipshot to my Stingray, its pre-EB and I don't consider modifications to it lightly! Dead easy, uses the same screw holes and took hardly any time, just make sure you keep the original tuner etc safe. You'll need a screw driver for the straplocks too. Youtube has a Hipshot fitting video and they come with clear instructions.

(I know arty types are normally rather impractical but its a darn site harder to put strings on and tune a bass than to fit these items, just get on with it.)