Why become a member? ×

Tasty Amber/Orange basses/guitars please!

warwickhunt

Now if I mix your two together Jon, I'd have the Kawasaki z1000 orange sparkle that I quite like... but in transparent.

The bass will be getting finished by Dave Wilson at Haltwhistle (ex Overwater but should be noted for his own work really). We just have to finalise a few details!

[quote name='ped' post='85806' date='Nov 9 2007, 10:09 AM']Actually, have you seen this thread??

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375055"][url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375055"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375055[/url][/url][/quote]

No I hadn't but your Vigier, the G&L L2000 and the Stingray 5 are pretty damn close to what I want

[quote name='TPJ' post='85809' date='Nov 9 2007, 10:15 AM']I just googled "transparent orange guitar" and there are quite a few nice examples there. Click the Images search button.

Cheers,[/quote]

It's all about combinations of words on Google and I hadn't input that combo so yes I have a few more now :) cheers

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='85808' date='Nov 9 2007, 10:11 AM']Now if I mix your two together Jon, I'd have the Kawasaki z1000 orange sparkle that I quite like... but in transparent.[/quote]
I was drooling over that at the Scottish bike show a couple of years back - in real life, the colour's actually remarkably close to my EDA!

I think transparent orange sparkle is [i]definitely[/i] the way forward... :)

J.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='85839' date='Nov 9 2007, 11:39 AM']Here's another. Nathan's original signature in a funky orangey bursty thing...

[/quote]

If my bass had flame or quilt I think I'd be inclined to got for the burst look but as it is quite a plain piece of timber I think I'll go for a transparent single stain/lacquer.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='85855' date='Nov 9 2007, 12:11 PM']Stick a top on it... you know you want to :huh:[/quote]

No I won't even go there... the cost would be prohibitive (have you examined the contouring of a Warwick especially where the f'board meets the neck). I may as well order a CS and after looking at the price list breakdown I'd need a 2nd mortgage for that :)

[quote name='Rich' post='85871' date='Nov 9 2007, 12:38 PM']This is my Shuker... tobacco burst over burr maple. Very orange in sunlight.
Sorry about the small & crappy pic.
[attachment=3399:shuke.jpg][/quote]

That tobacco isn't too brown on the edges (at least in that pic) the centre section (and Homies Sterling) certainly gives the amber, orange effect that I'm after. I'm hoping that the guy doing the work has a PC at his workshop so that I can access these references.