Why become a member? ×

Band promo shots

ThomBassmonkey

I'm not a massive fan of "posed" promo shots - it's hard not to look like a bunch of complete gits, no matter how hard you try. Fortunately for us, it's damn-near impossible to get my band members all in the one place unless we're actually playing, & last week we were lucky enough to get a proper photographer to take some pics of us live. I've been mucking about with some of the results & I'm quite pleased with this:

[attachment=48106:promosmall.jpg]

Bit of a shame because it was our drummer's last gig for the forseeable future - he's now on indefinite maternity leave and I strongly suspect he won't be coming back. :)

So I have prepared an alternative version:

[attachment=48107:promosmall2.jpg]

:rolleyes:

Anyone know any jaded, cynical old prog rock drummers in the Edinburgh area?

Jon.

[quote name='BluRay' post='816156' date='Apr 23 2010, 01:22 PM']Here's one from almost exactly 20 years ago.... :)

[attachment=48115:Psycho_Surgeons.jpg]

the singer never liked this shot cos the guy on the roof looked more interesting![/quote]

I'm pretty sure the bass cab I use in our practice room has a psycho surgeons stencil on it. Small world.

[quote name='HeavyJay' post='816226' date='Apr 23 2010, 02:03 PM']I'm pretty sure the bass cab I use in our practice room has a psycho surgeons stencil on it. Small world.[/quote]

Small world indeed! But its not the same cab lurking in that picture tho (a peavey 1820) - cos thats still taking up far too much space in my house. :)

I use this image as a background for our posters and flyers.

I've given up trying to get a decent picture of the actual band as someone always looks like a goon. This sums up our 'jazzy soul blues' vibe well enough.

• 3 weeks later...

[attachment=49534:ps2.jpg][attachment=49535:ps6.jpg][attachment=49536:ps4.jpg][attachment=49538:ps1.
jpg]

A few pics from Monday's photo session. The Jetsonics mucking about on the Middlesex Delta. Not all post productioned yet.

All pics © Paul Slattery

[quote name='gafbass02' post='818200' date='Apr 25 2010, 05:00 PM']Not a promo shot per se, but just one snapped off really quickly as we were leaving, by the organisers at the end of our recent session demoing for pro tools at the NEC gadget show live and I really like the way the shot came out..
[/quote]

Three cheers for the RockHopper!

[quote name='Clarky' post='835432' date='May 12 2010, 04:38 PM']I have a feeling Jack that one of those three naked leaping guys in 1980 really was you (although the hair makes it difficult to tell which :) )[/quote]

Naaah!

They don't make a bass that would be big enough ...

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='835437' date='May 12 2010, 04:44 PM']Naaah!

They don't make a bass that would be big enough ...[/quote]

Don't they have socks where you live, Jack?
NSFW Link to [url="http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l465/unfocusedfears/1110cuf.jpg"]RHCP with socks[/url]

Look guys, let's not get hung up on this.

It's just a question of providing the right incentive.

[attachment=49565:Groupies.jpg]

Mind you, you should have seen us before we had the ops.

[attachment=49566:Danelectro_Girls.jpg]