Why become a member? ×

Band promo shots

ThomBassmonkey

My new band Caterpillar after a recent gig:

[attachment=45018:14125_13...377436_n.jpg]

For the photo to make sense, please read [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=80164&st=0&p=768765&#entry768765"]this thread[/url]. :)

OK, it's not a proper promo shot (we're going to get some done soon), but there's a photographer at that night most weeks, and he's been doing some cool 'cross-processed' photos (lomography to the film geeks). I really liked this one.

[quote name='Huwberry' post='778035' date='Mar 17 2010, 09:51 PM']My new band Caterpillar after a recent gig:

[attachment=45018:14125_13...377436_n.jpg]

For the photo to make sense, please read [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=80164&st=0&p=768765&#entry768765"]this thread[/url]. :rolleyes:

OK, it's not a proper promo shot (we're going to get some done soon), but there's a photographer at that night most weeks, and he's been doing some cool 'cross-processed' photos (lomography to the film geeks). I really liked this one.[/quote]

If only we could all manage without our guitarist. Ours sings too, so it'd be quite obvious if he dissapears. :)

So that no one thinks I'm just hoping to be nosey without giving something back, here's a live shot of my band a month or two back. Obviously not a proper promo shot, but it is a good photo that could be used for promo:

in case you couldn't guess... we play Rock and Metal!!

Its a couple of years old now but was quite pleased with this pic considering I did it on self timer with no flash and just a couple of stagelights! Can't really remember now but i think i had to photoshop in the little guitarist (with the goatee in the waistcoat) and also had to sort out the drummers camoflage tee-shirt, as despite strict instructions to wear dark/black items he went for white/light grey! Grrrrr (and knowing him, probably on purpose just to be awkward!!)

peace

c Edited by 3V17C

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='778295' date='Mar 18 2010, 09:26 AM'][url="http://www.rockandrollconfidential.com/hall/index.php"]Band Promo Shots From Hell [/url]

For anybody who missed it last time I put it up. Here's how not to do it.[/quote]

We haven't found the *right* brick wall to stand in front of yet :)

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='778602' date='Mar 18 2010, 02:03 PM']It's not brick,it's stone.....................honest.[/quote]

Moose and Chevy Blazer not pictured? :)

EDIT:
On second thoughts, that guy at the back with the moustache looks like he would kick my ass no trouble at all!!

EDIT EDIT:
Oh bugger. You live near me don't you???

Edited by thepurpleblob

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='778615' date='Mar 18 2010, 02:17 PM']He no doubt could,6'4",ex South African police & army.

Must get Chevy Blazer for next pic :rolleyes:[/quote]

Has the guy to the right of him in the black hat got a glass eye? Or two?
:)

[quote name='RussFM' post='778144' date='Mar 17 2010, 11:43 PM']We had some done recently, turned out quite well considering it was 9am on a Sunday morning after a heavy Saturday night![/quote]

Who's the Trent Reznor-a-like?