Why become a member? ×

How was your gig last night?

bassninja

7 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I would never have had the courage to dep without having done some jams.

The two key points are (1) no one dies and (2) usually someone leads the song who wants to do it and unless it's really well known everyone else is flying by the seat of their pants, not just you.

I once had the conductor of a symphony orchestra explain the detailed structure of his guitar song to me and a drummer. We just looked at each other and managed to dive in at the right point.  The rest was guesswork...🤣

Speaking of deps. I got this message this morning regarding tonight's gig.

" Morning guys! Jim will be filling in for Jack tonight. He has some nerve damage in his arm that should resolve but not in time for tonight's gig."

It'll be cool, Jim is our old drummer and knows all our stuff. And me and Jim are really tight mates 

Daryl

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I would never have had the courage to dep without having done some jams.

The two key points are (1) no one dies and (2) usually someone leads the song who wants to do it and unless it's really well known everyone else is flying by the seat of their pants, not just you.

I once had the conductor of a symphony orchestra explain the detailed structure of his guitar song to me and a drummer. We just looked at each other and managed to dive in at the right point.  The rest was guesswork...🤣

I have been to one before, and kind of cheated as I knew the band and their set list, and so learnt a few of there songs in advance. Unfortunately the ones I had learnt they played as the warm up to the evening 😂.

in the end we had a run through of a few that I hadn’t prepared in advance and it was fine.

There is a local one this Wednesday, and I am going to try and get to that.

• Like 2

On 04/01/2024 at 18:56, Bluewine said:

Huge upscale room this Saturday night. State of the art in house sound and lighting provided . I don't think our draw is enough to fill this size room.

8:30 - 11:30, that's a long night for me. Good thing it's only a 15 minute commute. 

Daryl

FB_IMG_1704411908505.jpg

FB_IMG_1704561232175.jpg

• Like 2

On 04/01/2024 at 18:56, Bluewine said:

Huge upscale room this Saturday night. State of the art in house sound and lighting provided . I don't think our draw is enough to fill this size room.

8:30 - 11:30, that's a long night for me. Good thing it's only a 15 minute commute. 

Daryl

FB_IMG_1704411908505.jpg

Just curious,  are these prices low or high compared to the venues you guys play?

"Tomorrow night.

SATURDAY! Maple Road Blues Band LIVE at the fabulous Foundry 45 in Kewaskum! $10 at the door, a night full of live rockin' blues on a bada$$ stage with even badder a$$ sound & lighting, and get this, $1 Domestic Tap Beer and $2 Craft Tap Beer while it lasts! Don't miss this one folks!"

Daryl

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

At a buck a beer I doubt there's much beer in it. Hard to know what their game is with those prices. A 500ml craft beer in a bar here is going to run you maybe 6 or 7 bucks US but the band is free.

Thanks Downunder,

Daryl

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

Just curious,  are these prices low or high compared to the venues you guys play?

"Tomorrow night.

SATURDAY! Maple Road Blues Band LIVE at the fabulous Foundry 45 in Kewaskum! $10 at the door, a night full of live rockin' blues on a bada$$ stage with even badder a$$ sound & lighting, and get this, $1 Domestic Tap Beer and $2 Craft Tap Beer while it lasts! Don't miss this one folks!"

Daryl

Wow! Cheap beer or what? Even in the backwater I live in (Norfolk, UK), a pint in a pub that puts on live music is going to cost you from £3.50 to £6, depending on how hip and up itself the establishment is. Door charges in pubs are quite rare (tends to be special nights) but clubs and other venues will have them. Sometimes it includes a drink and can vary enormously depending on the previously mentioned parameters. Also the drinks can be very expensive. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

"Tomorrow night.

Daryl

Ticket sales for the Glam band vary according to club but typically £10-£15 with exceptions like £22 at Hogmanay.

With regards beer costs that's what i was paying here back in early 1980's. 

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Ticket sales for the Glam band vary according to club but typically £10-£15 with exceptions like £22 at Hogmanay.

With regards beer costs that's what i was paying here back in early 1980's. 

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Me, I'm no fun. Cranberry Juice and sparkling water. Lol

Daryl

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Obrienp said:

Wow! Cheap beer or what? Even in the backwater I live in (Norfolk, UK), a pint in a pub that puts on live music is going to cost you from £3.50 to £6, depending on how hip and up itself the establishment is. Door charges in pubs are quite rare (tends to be special nights) but clubs and other venues will have them. Sometimes it includes a drink and can vary enormously depending on the previously mentioned parameters. Also the drinks can be very expensive. 

No way will it be a pint though. Probably 12 fluid ounces (pint is 20).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bluewine said:

Thanks Dave,

Me, I'm no fun. Cranberry Juice and sparkling water. Lol

Daryl

Me too, i'm always driving so bottled Highland Spring still water for me.

Dave

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

Yes, love the pinstripe pants. I wish I could tour with Alice. That's the kind of gig I'm cut out for. Lol

Daryl

Majority of our jackets are made by the guy who used to make the outfits for Glitter Band many years ago so proper Glam gear we use :biggrin:

He's currently putting together a special order one for me. The others have been jackets he made for presentations showing his clothing. He then sells them to us as he's similar size to most of us in the band. Our drummer knew him from his Glitter Band days in the 90's 

Dave

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Majority of our jackets are made by the guy who used to make the outfits for Glitter Band many years ago so proper Glam gear we use :biggrin:

He's currently putting together a special order one for me. The others have been jackets he made for presentations showing his clothing. He then sells them to us as he's similar size to most of us in the band. Our drummer knew him from his Glitter Band days in the 90's 

Dave

A lot more fun than jeans and t-shirts. Those costumes look fantastic. 

Daryl

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

At a buck a beer I doubt there's much beer in it. Hard to know what their game is with those prices. A 500ml craft beer in a bar here is going to run you maybe 6 or 7 bucks US but the band is free.

I was told it's a 16oz pour into a 20oz glass.

Daryl

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

Could someone remind me how to delete pics when you've exceeded your limit.

Thanks

Daryl

From thrn menu Account / My Attachments. Select photos and then delete. 

Edited by mep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Standard January pub gig last night. Improvement on the previous visit to this venue, but still quite quiet. 

The germs are running me and the singer a bit ragged right now, but we got through.

Used a tidy little rig which I do like.

IMG20240106205630.jpg

IMG20240106205640.jpg

• Like 14

Gigged last night at O'Neills Leicester.
We assumed it would be dead, but there was a good crowd in that really enjoyed it. In fact, they were the best audience we've had all year.
Good to see the lads in the band again, good to be back out doing it, good gig to ease us back in, really enjoyed it.
Not even dry january or the weird buzzing in my IEMs could dampen the mood.

StingRay -> Small pedalboard -> Amp pedalboard (Thumpinator & VTDI) -> Markbass CMD121H
Feet update - red socks and black/lime green crackle Converse.

It's good to be back!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1