Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer Stage2 .2009 model C-shape neck conditions, 99.99%.

samuraibass

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='755310' date='Feb 23 2010, 06:52 PM']Yep well that put that one to bed! :)[/quote]

Im going to be bold and take a brave step. without causing world war III I personally feel that its about time basschat.co.uk was an exclusive site for bassplayers in the uk. the politically correct members may shoot me down in flames and I have no problem with our EU counterparts (as I am fluent in 4 european languages and have many a friend worldwide) but when we have a .co.uk site, surely it should remain within the UK(especially for sales). there was a time when Britannia ruled the waves you know.

To me there is nothing wrong with www.basschat.holland.com or www.basschat.spain.com. for thoses in respective countries to enjoy.

that would leave www.basschatthailand.com to go and sell his warwick and spector basses on ebay or around around the continent of asia without arousing such suspician on this site.

Regards

Mark

[quote name='4 candles' post='755512' date='Feb 23 2010, 09:18 PM']Im going to be bold and take a brave step. without causing world war III I personally feel that its about time basschat.co.uk was an exclusive site for bassplayers in the uk. the politically correct members may shoot me down in flames and I have no problem with our EU counterparts (as I am fluent in 4 european languages and have many a friend worldwide) but when we have a .co.uk site, surely it should remain within the UK(especially for sales). there was a time when Britannia ruled the waves you know.

To me there is nothing wrong with www.basschat.holland.com or www.basschat.spain.com. for thoses in respective countries to enjoy.

that would leave www.basschatthailand.com to go and sell his warwick and spector basses on ebay or around around the continent of asia without arousing such suspician on this site.

Regards

Mark[/quote]

I'm by no means the PC police, but I think that is an absolutely crap idea, and this is the wrong place to bring it up...

[quote name='Dubs' post='755533' date='Feb 23 2010, 09:26 PM']....I think that is an absolutely crap idea, and this is the wrong place to bring it up...[/quote]

+ 1.000.000

[quote name='Machines' post='755565' date='Feb 23 2010, 09:57 PM']It is up to buyers to decide if they want to deal with people in far away countries and take the associated risks involved with a long distance deal :).[/quote]

Again +1.000.000

Lovely basses you have there...One day I hope to own a Stage II :rolleyes:

Edited by PauBass

I think that it has already been highlighted over on the Warwick forum Nakhon but due to recent incidents where a seller (or sellers) from Thailand have tried to con/scam buyers, folks from outside of Thailand are very cautious with International sales. The [b][u]identical[/u][/b] wording (copying) of your responses (whether prompted for or not) on the two forums would indicate that English isn't a strong second language for you so I hope you can understand that people may have concerns about the validity of your sale. It was suggested over on the Warwick forum that you possibly get photographs of you, the bass and the receipt or bill of sale for the bass, ideally away from what appears to be a music store, I think that would seem reasonable especially as the Moderators over on the Warwick forum would likely be able to validate the sale of such an expensive bass through the retailers receipts. :)

[quote name='4 candles' post='755512' date='Feb 23 2010, 09:18 PM']Im going to be bold and take a brave step. without causing world war III I personally feel that its about time basschat.co.uk was an exclusive site for bassplayers in the uk. the politically correct members may shoot me down in flames and I have no problem with our EU counterparts (as I am fluent in 4 european languages and have many a friend worldwide) but when we have a .co.uk site, surely it should remain within the UK(especially for sales). there was a time when Britannia ruled the waves you know.

Regards

Mark[/quote]

Yep, sorry 4C, I agree with the others that your idea is, frankly, not a very good one. :)

Edited by silddx

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='756507' date='Feb 24 2010, 09:13 PM']The [b][u]identical[/u][/b] wording (copying) of your responses (whether prompted for or not) on the two forums would indicate that English isn't a strong second language for you so I hope you can understand that people may have concerns about the validity of your sale. It was suggested over on the Warwick forum that you possibly get photographs of you, the bass and the receipt or bill of sale for the bass, ideally away from what appears to be a music store, I think that would seem reasonable especially as the Moderators over on the Warwick forum would likely be able to validate the sale of such an expensive bass through the retailers receipts. :)[/quote]

Prospective buyers may wish to refer to this thread (which 'may' well resolve itself in favour of the seller) before parting with any funds! :rolleyes:

[url="http://forum.warwick.de/24-basses/11321-warwick-streamer-stage2-2009-c-shape-neck-conditions-99-99-a.html"]http://forum.warwick.de/24-basses/11321-wa...ns-99-99-a.html[/url]

[quote]It is up to buyers to decide if they want to deal with people in far away countries and take the associated risks involved with a long distance deal.[/quote]

Of course, but people should be warned.

Edited by rjb