Why become a member? ×

Did anyone on here win the Overwater comp?

NJE

I didn't receive any email :) , however the competition rules state that the winner will receive an email on Friday the 31st January. Said date actually falls on a Sunday making the competition invalid. I think they should re-do the competition!!!!

Its left a bitter taste in my mouth that I didn't win :snob: .

One lucky individual has been chosen (at random) to receive a custom 30th Anniversary Overwater Bass. The winner has been informed.

Thank you to all who entered - please check www.overwaterbasses.com for news and updates on the winner. We will be following the build of this very special bass closely

Stu

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='741009' date='Feb 10 2010, 02:05 PM']This isn't an argument, this is just silly.[/quote]

Hold it. Hold it. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Inspector Thompson's Gazelle of the Programme Planning Police, Light Entertainment Division, Special Flying Squad.

(Flying Thompson's Gazelle of the Yard!?!)

:)

It's on the Overwater site now so I can announce I am the incredibly lucky winner of the Overwater comp.

I just couldn't believe it when an email from Chris May popped into my inbox on Tuesday night, asking me to contact him. One phone call and a million thank yous later and I couldn't get the smile off my face.

I'm just getting some initial thoughts together on the spec but even after years of lusting after a custom build that's not easy. A trip to Carlisle is definitely on the cards.

I will of course keep you updated on progress.

[quote name='Jono' post='742454' date='Feb 11 2010, 07:50 PM']It's on the Overwater site now so I can announce I am the incredibly lucky winner of the Overwater comp.

I just couldn't believe it when an email from Chris May popped into my inbox on Tuesday night, asking me to contact him. One phone call and a million thank yous later and I couldn't get the smile off my face.

I'm just getting some initial thoughts together on the spec but even after years of lusting after a custom build that's not easy. A trip to Carlisle is definitely on the cards.

I will of course keep you updated on progress.[/quote]

Congrats, I thought it would be a basschatter. Please dont take any offense in this but, JAMMY BUGGER! ha ha. Any ideas what model you will go for? Progress, Jazz, new Precision?

Congratulations man!!!

No comes the hard part. So do you go for the acustic electro because you've always fancied one just to have to hand for a quick practice but theres always been more important things to spend money on, do you go for a sexy J bass with Overwaters beautiful finish, or do you completly go all out and get a 6 string progress bass with all the trimmings because you know you would never in a million years be able to buy one, though it would never be used for stage performaces because its to precious.

This is the biggest decision of your bass playing life, choose wisely

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='bleedproof' post='740909' date='Feb 10 2010, 12:50 PM']One lucky individual has been chosen (at random) to receive a custom 30th Anniversary Overwater Bass. The winner has been informed.

Thank you to all who entered - please check www.overwaterbasses.com for news and updates on the winner. We will be following the build of this very special bass closely

Stu[/quote]
Yup.. proper lucky!

[quote name='Jono' post='742454' date='Feb 11 2010, 07:50 PM']It's on the Overwater site now so I can announce I am the incredibly lucky winner of the Overwater comp.

I will of course keep you updated on progress.[/quote]
Like I said.. proper lucky! Congratulations Jono!
Whatever you end up going for, you're not going to be disappointed - these are my dream basses!
If you're into fretless you can have a go on mine, and we have a Jazz 5 with frets in the shop, just up at Cleckheaton near M62 Jn.26

You'll enjoy Carlisle! :) :rolleyes: