Why become a member? ×

Bright yellow basses

[quote name='Chris2112' post='723812' date='Jan 25 2010, 08:23 AM']I love bright yellow basses!

I'm especially taken with bright yellow Kubicki Ex-Factors after seeing Stuart Hamm's fretless on the front of "The Urge".

Hippiesandwich also has a nice Kubicki.

[/quote]

Me..... want ...... now :)

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

[quote name='Chris2112' post='723830' date='Jan 25 2010, 08:45 AM']Looking at bright yellow guitars, it doesn't really get much cooler than the stuff Ibanez did in the 80's...

Shame they don't make them like that anymore![/quote]

my friend hade one very similar to the middle one. The nnnnnnneck on his was black tho'.

[quote name='twowheeledwriter' post='723826' date='Jan 25 2010, 08:41 AM']Well, I'm not sure about yellow basses, but I have a lovely yellow Stratocaster, from 1989, which is very similar to this one...:

[url="http://www.gbase.com/gear/fender-american-deluxe-standard-stratocas-198"]Graffiti Yellow Strat[/url]

...but with locking tuners and roller nut. I think I paid about 400 pounds for it at the end of 1989 when I had my first job.

Maybe I need a matching Precision or Jazz alongside it?[/quote]

Niiiice strat! :)

My 78 P is a sort of custard yellow, I've never liked it (the colour) It's sort of patchy now too, gone dark where I rest my forearm and faded in other places.

I'm loathe to have it re-finished though as its all original.

Talking of re-fins, why does this reduce value? I mean, if I bought a 30 year old Ferrari that was covered in dents and scratches, had it repaired and resprayed, it would increase its value!

Edited by 4-string-thing

I used to teach this kid who walked in with an old case and pulled out a late 70s/early 80s (not really sure) canary yellow Jazz. It was original because I realised that I remembered his dad buying it. It had strat control knobs. I thought it was a vom moment. It eventually grew on me.

[quote name='boabskiboab' post='723662' date='Jan 24 2010, 10:45 PM']I have just finished painting my P on friday.

I'll 1200 it and polish it, when it's done i'll post it.

Oh it will be sweet.[/quote]

we're talking about a bass, right?

I've heard of not being able to polish a turd but p?

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='723647' date='Jan 24 2010, 10:33 PM']Love them, here's one I painted.
[/quote]

I love the design and colours of your basses. Wish I had a spare so I could take the time to repaint mine something bright - how did you get the chequer board design?

[quote name='robocorpse' post='725965' date='Jan 27 2010, 02:10 AM']Heres a little something I rebuilt and refinished several years ago (when Watchman was cool the first time round) :)
I wonder where it is, and if the current owner has refinished it?

[/quote]

That is boss!!!!!!

I want one. Eventually.
Must have;

Canary Yellow paintjob
Black hardware.
If it has a scratchplate, that'll be black.
Matching (Yellow, then!) headstock.
Ebony or (stained darker) Rosewood fretboard
No exposed polepieces- or I'll coat them with black nail varnish!

Natural coloured frets are a necessary evil.
Do DR do coated Yellow strings or will I just have to use Warwick yellow labels!!!

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='726994' date='Jan 27 2010, 10:27 PM']I want one. Eventually.
Must have;

Canary Yellow paintjob
Black hardware.

Do DR do coated Yellow strings or will I just have to use Warwick yellow labels!!![/quote]

Now we're talkin' :)

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='726994' date='Jan 27 2010, 10:27 PM']I want one. Eventually.
Must have;

Canary Yellow paintjob
Black hardware.

Do DR do coated Yellow strings or will I just have to use Warwick yellow labels!!![/quote]
I'm with you all the way
I'm in the process of saving and flogging off , to get a yellow Status.

Headed 4 string Stealth - black hardware - and all yellow . I mean everything .
One piece graphite bass - spray the lot - even pick ups .
Will cost a bit more (so Rob informed me a few years ago , and I got the impression that he wasn't too keen)
Just thought it'll be a bit different , though after watching an old Top Gear , where they had 3 supercars on a road trip (yellow , orange and green) , any of these colours may also be different .
Any of these 3 colours would be great and they're the same as on my kid's duplo (lego) bricks .
Yeah yellow - bring it on :)

[quote name='E sharp' post='728125' date='Jan 28 2010, 09:28 PM']I'm with you all the way

Will cost a bit more (so Rob informed me a few years ago , and I got the impression that he wasn't too keen)
Just thought it'll be a bit different , though after watching an old Top Gear , where they had 3 supercars on a road trip (yellow , orange and green) , any of these colours may also be different .
Any of these 3 colours would be great and they're the same as on my kid's duplo (lego) bricks .
Yeah yellow - bring it on :)[/quote]

wow! :rolleyes:

[quote name='Chris2112' post='723830' date='Jan 25 2010, 08:45 AM']Looking at bright yellow guitars, it doesn't really get much cooler than the stuff Ibanez did in the 80's...

Shame they don't make them like that anymore![/quote]

Here's Christophe Godin (amazing player and really funny bloke) with his 'Metal cartoon' guitar:

[quote name='E sharp' post='728125' date='Jan 28 2010, 09:28 PM']I'm with you all the way

Yeah yellow - bring it on :)[/quote]

Like this I suppose.....

[attachment=41585:DSCF0029.JPG]

Mike

[quote name='Mike Brooks' post='731511' date='Feb 1 2010, 11:53 AM']This is a better pic

[attachment=41609:Colin_Close_up.jpg][/quote]
This is like it .

But I'm going for a headed one and also yellow fingerboard too .

Great bass Mike . When I get round to funding mine , I'll post . Gonna be while , mind :)