Why become a member? ×

Gibson Les Paul Bass

Oggy

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='723187' date='Jan 24 2010, 03:25 PM']deffo interested. How much as a straight sale, my two jazzes are staying put...[/quote]

Hi Andy,

Before I answer your question, and please don't take this the wrong way :rolleyes: , how much do you think I'd have to pay for a new one? :)

I only ask because the 09 ones I've been looking at (and trying) in the London area are +/- £900. I have a horrible feeling you're not going to offer me that though, dispite the 'beast' being pristine and all but unavailable now.

I can fully understand you not wanting to part with two girls :wub:.

Thanks for asking.

Oggy

well...
I've seen the newer 09 onward jazzes go for £700 ish on here as 'barely used' but i bet most boxshifters on the interweb would do a new one for £830 in plain finishes and £900 ish for bursts.
I work at a music shop and we have the jazzes from £830 ish, dependant on finish.

A lot of places seem intent on shagging out fenders at heavy discounts at the minute.

I knew i should have ordered my les paul bass before they were discontinued...

Let me think on it, or, pm me with a price.

I was on the hunt for a thundrrbird, but, that can wait.

With much respect all for sale basses must be posted with a price, as per the amendment to the conditions of posting, so if you could do us all a favour and add that to the title it would be very helpful and save you from any more irritating questions.

I do hope you appreciate my candour.

[quote name='krispn' post='723575' date='Jan 24 2010, 09:24 PM']With much respect all for sale basses must be posted with a price, as per the amendment to the conditions of posting, so if you could do us all a favour and add that to the title it would be very helpful and save you from any more irritating questions.

I do hope you appreciate my candour.[/quote]Hes already put a price in his post.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='723583' date='Jan 24 2010, 09:39 PM']Hes already put a price in his post.[/quote]

Sorry I just saw the new price not what he was asking - must have been an oversight on my part. My apologies......

Edited by krispn

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='723572' date='Jan 24 2010, 09:24 PM']well...
I've seen the newer 09 onward jazzes go for £700 ish on here as 'barely used' but i bet most boxshifters on the interweb would do a new one for £830 in plain finishes and £900 ish for bursts.
I work at a music shop and we have the jazzes from £830 ish, dependant on finish.

A lot of places seem intent on shagging out fenders at heavy discounts at the minute.

I knew i should have ordered my les paul bass before they were discontinued...

Let me think on it, or, pm me with a price.

I was on the hunt for a thundrrbird, but, that can wait.[/quote]

Hi Andy,

I pretty new at this so please excuse me if I’m not doing it quite right :) . It’s been my experience that buying from ‘box shifters’ doesn’t always work out that well, I like the old fashion personal touch along with doing the ‘try before buy’. My thoughts are that I’m more likely to get a decent trade from a fellow bass player than an internet site or a trade in at one of the big music shops.

Bear with me – I learning. I have to say though that I’m really enjoying this site, It’s amazing how much knowledge the members have and are willing to share :rolleyes: .

Good luck with the Thunderbird quest, if your heart is set on one - go for it - but don't forget to look after your two girls.

Oggy

[quote name='blackparkas' post='724153' date='Jan 25 2010, 03:20 PM']But what does the bass cost?
I can´t find the actual money asked for this bass anywhere, what am I missing?[/quote]

Hello blackparkas,

I've not put a price on it, only how much it cost me. I have said I would like to trade for a Jazz though.

I never thought that trying for a trade could be so complicated, it's probably 'all my fault', it usually is - just ask my missus :) .

Oggy

[quote name='blackparkas' post='724153' date='Jan 25 2010, 03:20 PM']But what does the bass cost?
I can´t find the actual money asked for this bass anywhere, what am I missing?[/quote]

you're not missing anything !

It's either for trade, and he's made it clear what he wants (USA Fender Jazz)

Or it's for sale ....but there is not a price listed, in which case one needs to be put on, or the "for sale" bit needs to be removed.

Makes no odds to me as I haven't got a US Jazz, or any money, but would love this baby sooooo much, I could pretend to be Ronny Lane and play Itchycoo Park.

[quote name='oldslapper' post='724175' date='Jan 25 2010, 03:42 PM']you're not missing anything !

Or it's for sale ....but there is not a price listed, in which case one needs to be put on, or the "for sale" bit needs to be removed.

Makes no odds to me as I haven't got a US Jazz, or any money, but would love this baby sooooo much, I could pretend to be Ronny Lane and play Itchycoo Park.[/quote]

Hello 'oldslapper', - no disrespect it's your screen name!

To get rid of any confusion I've caused I've done an edit on the original post and taken the word 'Sell' from the Topic Title. I’ve never had the word ‘Sale’ either in the Topic Title or the post, I hope removing the word ‘Sell’ has cleared this up.

I'm really sorry for causing this flurry of concern and confusion - It's a TRADE I'm after.

Oggy

[quote name='Oggy' post='724213' date='Jan 25 2010, 04:04 PM']Hello 'oldslapper', - no disrespect it's your screen name!

To get rid of any confusion I've caused I've done an edit on the original post and taken the word 'Sell' from the Topic Title. I’ve never had the word ‘Sale’ either in the Topic Title or the post, I hope removing the word ‘Sell’ has cleared this up.

I'm really sorry for causing this flurry of concern and confusion - It's a TRADE I'm after.

Oggy[/quote]
No worries Oggy,

Just trying to help...., usually fail, but I hope you get your trade.

I love Les Paul basses, probably the coolest looking bass ever made, and need to be worn round about crutch height for maximum effect...... IMHO :)

Hi there, with 'oldslapper' in as much as I got no money and my '75 reissue Jazz (USA) is going nowhere (there's been a few of these up lately and IMHO they're well worth the little extra they go for)...that said I'd LOVE your bass..fantastic looking..hope you get what you want.

Andy

[quote name='giblett123' post='724796' date='Jan 26 2010, 06:32 AM']Thick question..is this one of the short scale ones?[/quote]

Hi giblett123,

It's not a short scale, you've got to streach those fingers :lol: .

I've just added the Tech. Spec. in the ad, should have done this in the first place - Doh :) .

Oggy :rolleyes:

[quote name='oldslapper' post='724175' date='Jan 25 2010, 03:42 PM']you're not missing anything !

Makes no odds to me as I haven't got a US Jazz, or any money, but would love this baby sooooo much, I could pretend to be Ronny Lane and play Itchycoo Park.[/quote]

John what are you doing on here - you said you and Basschat were over each other :)