Why become a member? ×

Help - band name needed

thepurpleblob

Had a brainstorming session with the band recently trying to find a good name. There was a little <ahem> booze involved so some fairly silly ones got thrown around and put on the list too.
The following day it fell to me to search google, Myspace, and general interwebs to see if any of the suggesitons were already taken. For giggles I put in the silly ones too. I was REALLY SHOCKED to see what some actual real gigging bands out there are calling themselves :)

[quote name='NickH' post='717192' date='Jan 18 2010, 09:43 PM']Had a brainstorming session with the band recently trying to find a good name. There was a little <ahem> booze involved so some fairly silly ones got thrown around and put on the list too.
The following day it fell to me to search google, Myspace, and general interwebs to see if any of the suggestions were already taken. For giggles I put in the silly ones too. I was REALLY SHOCKED to see what some actual real gigging bands out there are calling themselves :)[/quote]

ha ha yeah shocking isn't it.

When Them Crooked Vultures were peddling their stuff around recently someone asked JPJ about the name. He'd obviously answered this question about 300 times that day ..
His well versed answer was "everything else was already taken"

Sums it up really.

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='717336' date='Jan 18 2010, 11:21 PM']If they put out an eye each and start playing an out-of-tune piano, they could be the Honky-Tonky Winky Wonky Donkeys.[/quote]

Surely to wink you need two eyes so that part would be unnecessary :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='717341' date='Jan 18 2010, 11:28 PM']Surely to wink you need two eyes so that part would be unnecessary :)[/quote]
Very well, the swines may keep their eyes!

Instead, they shall each close one eye while playing an out-of-tune piano and quaffing cheap wine. So then they're the Drinky-Plonky Honky-Tonky Winky Wonky Donkeys.