Why become a member? ×

Andrea Goldsworthy

thepurpleblob

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='707200' date='Jan 9 2010, 11:49 PM']I'm a recent convert to Paloma Faith who, IMHO, is one of the best female singers I've heard in ages. There's some quite cool bass lines in there courtesy of one Andrea Goldsworthy. Anybody know anything about her??

As usual evidence...

[/quote]

New issue of BGM, number 55, will tell you all you need to know about Ms Goldsworthy.

Jack

Confused about her negative comment regarding the bass she has that was painted by a car paint sprayer...surely those are the skills you'd want for spraying a Bass, didn't that American guy (Leo somebody) spray his basses with nitro-cellulose and use Ford colours too?

[quote name='jackstevensbass' post='846131' date='May 23 2010, 10:54 PM']New issue of BGM, number 55, will tell you all you need to know about Ms Goldsworthy.

Jack[/quote]

Using "[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=45316&view=findpost&p=821963"]Bilbo's Bass Player Interview Template[/url]" ?
:)

[quote name='beardybass' post='847613' date='May 25 2010, 03:51 PM']Really liking both the lovely Paloma Faith and the bassing as well. Verrrr cool :)[/quote]

Yeah, love it. and a touch of the 'Teen Spirit riff going on in the chorus there :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Holy Thread Revival Batman!!! :rolleyes:

Missed this first time round, but just caught Paloma Faith's performance from T in the Park on telly. Quickly went from "What the... ?!!!", to "Hmm, who's the cool lass on bass?", to "Hey, this is rather good!!!". Very impressed by the whole performance, all underpinned by some tasteful bass.

Definitely not the sort of thing I normally listen to, but this has put a big smile on my face. Isn't music great? :)

[quote name='tony_m' post='891536' date='Jul 10 2010, 07:26 PM']Holy Thread Revival Batman!!! :rolleyes:

Missed this first time round, but just caught Paloma Faith's performance from T in the Park on telly. Quickly went from "What the... ?!!!", to "Hmm, who's the cool lass on bass?", to "Hey, this is rather good!!!". Very impressed by the whole performance, all underpinned by some tasteful bass.

Definitely not the sort of thing I normally listen to, but this has put a big smile on my face. Isn't music great? :)[/quote]

I had exactly the same reaction when I saw her on Jools Holland, she's really rather good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...