Why become a member? ×

Trace Gear

Thornybank

I tried this when it was 'happy'... did somebody say LOUD!!!! a V8 is supposed to be more (a bit) at 400W, had two V8s, they do what they do but not at this volume.. if you've got the cabs I'd deffo get Marshall to have a look.. it's odd, it's physically big and 'feels' well...'dangerous'... or was that yahoo, bring it on... not recommended for bedroom use :)

Andy

Currently have a 1x15 300w 8ohm cab atm and need a head for it! I am unfamiliar with all this gear so i may need some help :) anything around £200 maybe more

Thats the cab actually in your 6th picture, can never remember the model names. Why not just call them people names instead of numbers. Would solve so many problems. :rolleyes:

Edited by agoulding

[quote name='agoulding' post='701181' date='Jan 5 2010, 12:13 AM']Currently have a 1x15 300w 8ohm cab atm and need a head for it! I am unfamiliar with all this gear so i may need some help :) anything around £200 maybe more

Thats the cab actually in your 6th picture, can never remember the model names. Why not just call them people names instead of numbers. Would solve so many problems. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Your 1518 does what no small box can.
Revel in its room-filling lift!

Best I can do is the venerable AH250 - some broken sliders (but all work) and no light (so it is legal in Germany), but TONE, BABY!
There is no gig that amp 'n cab cannot do.
I will allow it to be owned for £275 delivered. If you ever see another one - buy it, too!

[quote name='Thornybank' post='702007' date='Jan 5 2010, 07:24 PM']Your 1518 does what no small box can.
Revel in its room-filling lift!

Best I can do is the venerable AH250 - some broken sliders (but all work) and no light (so it is legal in Germany), but TONE, BABY!
There is no gig that amp 'n cab cannot do.
I will allow it to be owned for £275 delivered. If you ever see another one - buy it, too![/quote]

Cool man, seems like a decent deal. Im guessing you dont have pictures up of this one? Doesnt it look pretty similar to the ah350?

Would like a good picture to see condition etc if i may! i could be interested.

Hey!

Found these phone photos

[attachment=39447:AH250_on_18_and_15.jpg]
[attachment=39449:AH250_on...and_15_2.jpg]
[attachment=39450:old_AH250_close_up.jpg]

It is dark in the vault, so the black painted wood doesn't show well - but you get the idea?

Didn't shoot the back, because it is straight stock and all OK.

I can maybe do better detail (if it matters) when the snow goes....

As always, if you move on it and then decide it was 'not for you' as long as I'm not out of pocket, RTB is cool.
Or if you would rather have the Mark V with the light and everything for a little more.
Or the 350X
Or the 500X
Or ...

Edited by Thornybank

[quote name='agoulding' post='702383' date='Jan 6 2010, 01:16 AM']how much more is the 350x? :):P[/quote]

Catalogue info:

AH350X
Designed to match with 1818X cabinet
Twin channel fan cooled unit
Channel A delivers 150watts into 8 ohms and is high pass, above 250HZ only
Channel B delivers 250 watts into 4 ohms full range.
Seperate level controls are not fitted
We recommend you use this unit with one or two 1818X enclosures
Use channel B with a full range cabinet by itself for smaller gigs.

So, it is an AH250 with a bonus high end if you have an extension cab.

£400 'cos it is clean and working great!

I have an 1818X cab - but they are almost always a 2-man lift.

• 5 weeks later...

Just thought i'd drop by and put a good word in for Chris (like he needs it?)

I've dealt with him a few times - bought that lovely P-Bass from him - and have actually seen the Trace gear in all its glory. Its an enviable collection, and i don't care about all these £1000's worth of boutique rig, the sound that could be achieved from a Bassman 135 through the Trace 215 was to die for, if i hadn't been let down by my band at the time i'd have bought it right then. The sheer size of rigging the 15+18's up really did make one's bowels tremor. Happy days indeed. In fact, i'm tempted to grab one to fill out some bottom end... but then i'd have to get my Matamp 212 rewired for 8ohm...

So yeh, its all great stuff and dinnae hesitate to give this man your dough. Unless you have back problems..

Edited by TheButler

I'm looking for a complete rig. I've got a budget of £500, wouldn't mind spending less but I can go higher as well.

Could you please recommend something of yours for my budget. The lightest songs I play are ones from bands like The Hives and I tend to do heavier stuff like Arch Enemy.

[quote name='Bankai' post='750175' date='Feb 18 2010, 08:45 PM']I'm looking for a complete rig. I've got a budget of £500, wouldn't mind spending less but I can go higher as well.

Could you please recommend something of yours for my budget. The lightest songs I play are ones from bands like The Hives and I tend to do heavier stuff like Arch Enemy.[/quote]

AH250 through the 1510X cab - the Mk2 @ £535 the pair or a Mk5 @ £625 the pair delivered
or
GP12SMX 410 combo - £500 delivered

Tough call for the Hives/AE stuff, but I suggest the combo - clean, tech checked, drivers are fresh, takes an extension cab if you need (which you won't).
Valve pre.

Coome up and have a blast through the lot in the cave. Bring the band - you can let the drummer decide!

Answers to all the newer replies...

The hexa is a beast.
Better built than the V series? Probably.

The Nolan head is an all-vave lead head - one of the many British 'also rans' from the '70s.
It is better made than a Sola Sound, better(?) sonics than a Sound City, not as weird as an Elgin.
Not trashy like a V-Ampower or Triumph (sorry, Geoff, but really, man, what were you doing?)

£500 is a tough price point if you want volume...

Edited by Thornybank