Why become a member? ×

Trace Gear

Thornybank

How to put this?

I have - ahem - too much Trace kit. I love it all and I have a good sized room, but I just added it all up and really, there is no excuse for a holding of this magnitude and I am not a John Henry or Matt Snowball.

All great stuff - none of the Gibson era or later downgraded components and build quality.
Just the models that made their name.

Mk1 to Series 6.
Combos from 150w to 300w and heads from 150w to 500w.
About every cab configuration except 2x10, from 200w to 800w.

But I do have a 200w 2x10+2x5 combo with a valve preamp ...

Nothing under £150, but nothing over-the-top, either.

All tech checked and working fine.

Now...

I am not wanting a 'kids in a sweetie shop' free-for-all 'wanna see some pics!' time waste, so please ask 'do you have a ...' rather than 'pics of everything, please!'

Give us a preference for format and a budget and I'll come back with a list of kit to suit. You can then go on line and check the specs and reviews and all that.

If something takes your fancy within your price range, we'll talk them through and I will do pics of the real contenders.

Your chance to get 'that sound', from a home set-up to a stadium blasting super-rig.

Or maybe kit out a studio or some practice rooms?

Some flight cases, too.

Heads

Mk2 AH250
MkV AH250
MkV AH350X
Mk 2 AH500
MkV AH500
Series 6 AH200

Cabs

Mk2 410 200w
MkV 410 200w
MkV 410 800w
Ser 6 410H 300w
Mk2 1518 200w
MkV 1518 200w
Ser 6 1518 300w
Ser 6 1153 200w shallow format
Ser 6 1153 200w deep format
Ser 6 2103X 2x10 + 2x5
Green carpet 1503
V series 2x15 500w
Mk112+15+18 4ohm
Mk1 15+18 4ohm
MkV 18+10
Ser 6 15+10

Combos

Mk2 150w 1x15
Mk2 150w 1x15
Mk2 300w 410
Ser 6 200w 2x10 + 2x5 valve pre
Ser 6 GP12SMX 250w 4x10H

I think that's it....

Edited by Thornybank

Oh dear.

I most definitely do not want, nor am I even vaguely considering, acquiring an 1818 cab. No sir. Not me. Far too heavy. It would be like taking trying to lift a bus in and out of my car. A bus with a black hole sitting in it, in fact. A black hole that had just swallowed a herd of overweight elephants. Even if they have the absolute tone from heaven and makes my humble bass sound like everything I have ever wanted it to. No, at my age I should be thinking of changing to sensible things like Mark Bass or Phil Jones, not adding to my Trace Elliot rig.

If, however, you possessed such a thing, er, what would be the relevant information - price, condition etc?

Not that, as I said, I am remotely interested, you understand. It is a purely hypothetical question driven purely by curiosity.

:)

Edited by Paul S

You are in luck!

The only 18-ish ones I have are:

An 18+10 (see last summer's famous everlasting thread for the flightcased one for £200 that I didn't buy only becasue I have this one - but now I have an AH350 which is designed to biamp one or a brace of 'em and I am kicking myself, except that where is it legal to even sound check the things?)

A 12+15+18 full flight Mark 1? Mark2? silly huge thing that completely does bass beyond bass.

A 15+18 which is the partner to the 12+15+18 (he had two?!?!?! what for????) with teh 12" section off it (but still full flight and face off and handle and wheels and all that) so that a single human can shift it.

Sorreee....

[quote name='Thornybank' post='683215' date='Dec 13 2009, 06:52 PM']How to put this?

I have - ahem - too much Trace kit. I love it all and I have a good sized room, but I just added it all up and really, there is no excuse for a holding of this magnitude and I am not a John Henry or Matt Snowball.

All great stuff - none of the Gibson era or later downgraded components and build quality.
Just the models that made their name.

Mk1 to Series 6.
Combos from 150w to 300w and heads from 150w to 500w.
About every cab configuration except 2x10, from 200w to 800w.

But I do have a 200w 2x10+2x5 combo with a valve preamp ...

Nothing under £150, but nothing over-the-top, either.

All tech checked and working fine.

Now...

I am not wanting a 'kids in a sweetie shop' free-for-all 'wanna see some pics!' time waste, so please ask 'do you have a ...' rather than 'pics of everything, please!'

Give us a preference for format and a budget and I'll come back with a list of kit to suit. You can then go on line and check the specs and reviews and all that.

If something takes your fancy within your price range, we'll talk them through and I will do pics of the real contenders.

You chance to get 'that sound', from a home set-up to a stadium blasting super-rig.

Or maybe kit out a studio or some practice rooms?

Some flight cases, too.[/quote]

..................................errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I don't suppose you have any spare rare as rocking horse sh*t 32 ohm 10" bass speakers have you????

Mike

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='683390' date='Dec 13 2009, 09:01 PM']What have you got by way of a head, at least 250w into 8ohms, pricewise under £300?

Cheers[/quote]

Hmmm... 250w into 8ohms.
They never did that that I know of.
But please remember, these are 'old watts' amps.
An old AH150 4x10 combo is enough for most theatre gigs with no PA support.

Under £300 I can do a Series 2 AH250 - black painted wood finish, military green livery with the tone that set them on the map.
Has some broken slider ends - they get soooo brittle - form carrying facing my leg when I got bumped. And no UV.
But the graphic works perfectly.
As does the rest of it.
It has that smooooth sub thing that distracts you from teh fact that you are pinned to the wall with your face peeling back.

At £300 + carr I can do a nice MarkV AH250 with the black light working.

If you can find anyone near you who has a pre-Series 6 AH250 (not an SMX) give it a spin with your cabs and see if it is enuff.....
...which it will be....!

[quote name='zephead' post='683413' date='Dec 13 2009, 09:17 PM']..................................errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I don't suppose you have any spare rare as rocking horse sh*t 32 ohm 10" bass speakers have you????

Mike[/quote]

I'll check.

apoo... on ebay often sells them - or used to.

I have a GP12SMX 410 combo that came to me with with only three in it - can't remember if I pulled them out or put one in.

[quote name='zephead' post='683413' date='Dec 13 2009, 09:17 PM']..................................errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I don't suppose you have any spare rare as rocking horse sh*t 32 ohm 10" bass speakers have you????

Mike[/quote]

Watford Valves have them in stock.

The 250SM is 250 into 4ohm, and about 175w into 8ohm, same as the AH250.
But it was an SM = Sound Management = dual compressor.
That pre circuit sucks presence a bit, so your AH250SM would be output equiv to an AH200.
The older AH250 has a larger power transformer to deliver more thump per watt than the later stuff, so is output equiv to an AH300SM.

In case anybody cares....

Thanks but I think they would all be even heavier than something that is already too heavy!

[quote name='Thornybank' post='683293' date='Dec 13 2009, 07:39 PM']You are in luck!

The only 18-ish ones I have are:

An 18+10 (see last summer's famous everlasting thread for the flightcased one for £200 that I didn't buy only becasue I have this one - but now I have an AH350 which is designed to biamp one or a brace of 'em and I am kicking myself, except that where is it legal to even sound check the things?)

A 12+15+18 full flight Mark 1? Mark2? silly huge thing that completely does bass beyond bass.

A 15+18 which is the partner to the 12+15+18 (he had two?!?!?! what for????) with teh 12" section off it (but still full flight and face off and handle and wheels and all that) so that a single human can shift it.

Sorreee....[/quote]

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='684088' date='Dec 14 2009, 03:31 PM']4x10 cab / 4 or 8 ohms / >400W handling / cheap as chips? :rolleyes:

....please? :)[/quote]

Eminence 100w drivers are £40 a pop, so cheap as chips is kinda hard for anything I could warrant as worthy.

I can do you an empty 4x10 cab for you to auto-fill....

[quote name='Paul S' post='684141' date='Dec 14 2009, 04:29 PM']Thanks but I think they would all be even heavier than something that is already too heavy![/quote]

Nae doot aboot tha'.
At least the 15+18 is a face-off cased tilt back wheeler...