Why become a member? ×

Trace Gear

Thornybank

hello chap,
i was wondering if you could help me,i've just joined this site as i'm looking to build a rig and i'm having a few problems locating trace elliot stuff second hand.i know your post is a bit old but i thought i see if you have anything still knocking about ???what i'm looking for is a 1048 h cab and also a head but i want the head be powerfull enough to eventually power a 1518 cab aswell which i'll get at a later date.

smurf

[quote name='exup1000' post='757431' date='Feb 25 2010, 06:59 PM']hello chap,
i was wondering if you could help me,i've just joined this site as i'm looking to build a rig and i'm having a few problems locating trace elliot stuff second hand.i know your post is a bit old but i thought i see if you have anything still knocking about ???what i'm looking for is a 1048 h cab and also a head but i want the head be powerfull enough to eventually power a 1518 cab aswell which i'll get at a later date.

smurf[/quote]

No probs.
1048H awaits.
All the heads will do the job. ah250, ah350x, ah500x are here.
As Trace said in their manuals: If you want more volume, add more cabs!

Let me know your budget and I will detail the options.

You have yet to add any profile info - where be thee?

Edited by Thornybank

[quote name='Thornybank' post='757755' date='Feb 26 2010, 12:16 AM']No probs.
1048H awaits.

You have yet to add any profile info - where be thee?[/quote]

Hi

Just wondering how much you want for the ah250. I've got a 115 cab with a 500w Eminence cone.

Many thanks
Mark

I have a Mk2 - black painted, pre-vinyl, no UV. Some slider tips broken, but all work.
The very tone for smoothing out the Eminence to give an orig/Fane Pro-ish tone.
These were £1250 when they came out.
£250 delivered.
Only selling because I finally found a Mk3 AH500 (two AH250s biampable) for my black painted wood finish stack!

And a Mk5 - very clean, black light working, great example of the last of the best Trace.
Absolutely no issues.
These were £950 when they came out.
A little more brightness if you chose the Eminence to avoid the need for a top box (depends on the model).
£375 delivered.

Cheers

Chris

1048H awaits.

hello mate just off to work on a saturday i know!!!will get on here later and leave you a message

smurf

1048H awaits.

hello thornybank hows it going,

ok so budget wise i've not really set one as i want to find the right rig and not scrimp on a few quid here and there and end up with something i dont want.so what are we looking at for the 1048H also do you know what year this unit was made? regarding heads its probably either the 350 or 500 to be honest.

ps) i'll sort my profile out today,speak soon dude

[quote name='exup1000' post='759603' date='Feb 28 2010, 09:57 AM']hello thornybank hows it going,

ok so budget wise i've not really set one as i want to find the right rig and not scrimp on a few quid here and there and end up with something i dont want.so what are we looking at for the 1048H also do you know what year this unit was made? regarding heads its probably either the 350 or 500 to be honest.

ps) i'll sort my profile out today,speak soon dude[/quote]

Clean AH350X and 1048H from the good ol' well-built days - Sweet!
£725 paypal delivered the pair.

I can do cases for them if you are feeling touristic....

Downsize?
It is a wee bit smaller, but the thick ply cab weighs more than an MDF.
And the 1510X cabs are the same size as a standard 1x15.

Anyway - my plan is to keep the old stack together, now that I have a Mk2 AH500 to biamp with.
It's just an hour away - come and see why :)

I fancy matching your 1510X with the one I have as a biamp rig with the Mk5 AH500. If it works, I could swap for alater 410.
Or you might like to keep yours an dstick an AH350X thorugh it as a biamp rig...?

Many fun things to consider!

[quote name='Thornybank' post='759611' date='Feb 28 2010, 10:11 AM']Clean AH350X and 1048H from the good ol' well-built days - Sweet!
£725 paypal delivered the pair.

I can do cases for them if you are feeling touristic....[/quote]

do suppose you've got any pictures of these dude??

[quote name='Thornybank' post='759745' date='Feb 28 2010, 01:34 PM']Downsize?
It is a wee bit smaller, but the thick ply cab weighs more than an MDF.
And the 1510X cabs are the same size as a standard 1x15.

Anyway - my plan is to keep the old stack together, now that I have a Mk2 AH500 to biamp with.
It's just an hour away - come and see why :)

I fancy matching your 1510X with the one I have as a biamp rig with the Mk5 AH500. If it works, I could swap for alater 410.
Or you might like to keep yours an dstick an AH350X thorugh it as a biamp rig...?

Many fun things to consider![/quote]

Hmm. Maybe I am looking at the wrong thing. I'm trying to find a combo (decent size, maybe a 2 or 4x10), whilst getting rid of all my bass gear. Got anything suitable?

-> Of course, this means my 1510X is for sale, if you so feel like buying it, or doing a p/x...! <-

Edited by gamester4520503

[quote name='gamester4520503' post='759932' date='Feb 28 2010, 05:28 PM']Hmm. Maybe I am looking at the wrong thing. I'm trying to find a combo (decent size, maybe a 2 or 4x10), whilst getting rid of all my bass gear. Got anything suitable?

-> Of course, this means my 1510X is for sale, if you so feel like buying it, or doing a p/x...! <-[/quote]

I have a good few options - come and try some stuff.
It will help you figfure out what you want to do.

[quote name='exup1000' post='759931' date='Feb 28 2010, 05:28 PM']of the AH350X and 1048 cab[/quote]

I will take my real camera with me to the cave and snap some.
What exactly do you want to see?

Meantime, here is the MkV brochure - I have all of these...

[attachment=43784:trace_mk5_brochure.jpg]

[quote name='Delberthot' post='760011' date='Feb 28 2010, 06:52 PM']I don't suppose you have a 4052H bright box hidden in there do you?

my 1248H is very pokey but I'd like to bring out some of the high end[/quote]

Sorry.
They seem to go for a huge price for what they do, so I never succumbed.
Maybe try the treble control on your amp... :)
Seriously, though, the 412 is designed as a top box for the 215 (which I have) and the one I had was brite enuff...

[quote name='gamester4520503' post='760015' date='Feb 28 2010, 06:57 PM']Would you consider a part exchange of a 1510x against either of the 410 combos? I would come and try but I can't actually drive... :)[/quote]

Of course.
PM to continue dialogue...

[quote name='Thornybank' post='760135' date='Feb 28 2010, 08:49 PM']Sorry.
They seem to go for a huge price for what they do, so I never succumbed.
Maybe try the treble control on your amp... :)
Seriously, though, the 412 is designed as a top box for the 215 (which I have) and the one I had was brite enuff...[/quote]

Believe it or not the mid and high controls were quite high.

There's so much bottom end coming out of this 1248. If you've still got the 1548 in a month or so then I may be over to get it for a completely mental 6ft high stack

Where are located?

[quote name='Delberthot' post='760163' date='Feb 28 2010, 09:18 PM']There's so much bottom end coming out of this 1248. If you've still got the 1548 in a month or so then I may be over to get it for a completely mental 6ft high stack[/quote]

I'm liking the sound of that, but pleased I won't have to carry it around!! :)