Why become a member? ×

E-mail notifications not working

The Goatreich

We've discovered an issue with either the software or the server.

Sending out email notifications slows the site down. We don't know why but as a short term measure Ped's turned off the email notifications. We can't have a quick site and notifications. Sorry about that everyone, we know its a PITA as its a useful feature. Although I'm still getting notifications for PM's.

What are we doing about it? Ben is in the US at the moment and has limited internet access not to mention the last IP he used was blocked as a spamming IP address. He's aware of the issue and we're waiting to hear back about what can be done while he's away and what will have to wait until he returns. If its a problem with the software there may not be a lot we can do until Invision bring out a fix.

Thanks for your patience with this.

cheers Michael. OK I've had a look at the notification settings at last, it took a while to find them.

The admin have choices to select each form of notification (and there must be about 20 or so) as email, log-in and/or mobile. I couldn't find a global setting for turning everything on or off. So what I've done is set all notifications to email as a short term measure. This is pretty much what we had on the previous version of the forum so I hope (but don't know for sure) that it means that both server and site are under less strain until Ben gets a chance to look into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta I love the new site!

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere or is an ongoing issue but I still don't receive an email if someone sends me a PM or responds to a thread. I have applied all the ticks in the right places in my settings....

Any suggestions?

Gary :0)

[quote name='Gary Williams' timestamp='1318879191' post='1407360']
Gotta I love the new site!

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere or is an ongoing issue but I still don't receive an email if someone sends me a PM or responds to a thread. I have applied all the ticks in the right places in my settings....

Any suggestions?

Gary :0)
[/quote]

Have you tried unticking them, saving settings, then ticking them again, and saving?

[quote name='Gary Williams' timestamp='1319030385' post='1409075']
Hi - sorry this has not worked for me I'm afraid. And they're not getting caught up in Spam Filter etc ....

Any other suggestions?
[/quote]

PM me your correct email address and I'll see if it's what we have in the engine room.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1320315355' post='1425114']
Anyone [i]still [/i]not getting email notifications? I'm not and I've tried all suggestions so far... any more ideas?
[/quote]

I thought I was fine (I am basically getting messages) but just yesterday I noticed that I wasn't getting mails for [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/159127-fs-washburn-rb2002-hammerhead-bass-l175-immaculate/page__hl__washburn__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/159127-fs-washburn-rb2002-hammerhead-bass-l175-immaculate/page__hl__washburn__fromsearch__1[/url] which I was following....

How did you know I checked my junk?? Have you got CCTV in my house? :)

Seriously though, I'm not seeing anything at all email-wise. Tried unchecking and saving notifications, checking and saving again, to no avail, BC domain not blocked anywhere in my email... at a loss, really.