Why become a member? ×

My lovely 72 P bass

Clarky

[quote name='Rayman' post='670981' date='Dec 1 2009, 12:50 PM'][i]Beautiful[/i] bass mate, just beautiful.[/quote]
Thanks Russ, it needs a small amount of tweaking on set-up but that should be easy enough and it sounds fantastic, really resonant. It also means I am likely to reduce down my bass collection as I think its going tyo be 'the one'.

Oh yes!!! Very lovely indeed - is the board as dark as it looks (I'm a massive fan of that really dard chocolatey look)? Some of these early '70s Ps really are massively resonant. I'm on the look out for an early '70s P in oly white with a tort plate. That should see my GAS satisfied (for five minutes)

Thanks all for kind comments. I have swapped for TI flats (which are lighter gauge than the LaBella ones originally on the bass) and tweaked the truss rod and bridge so that it plays exactly how I want it to. Nice, low and fast. The board is, as one poster above enquired, a lovely matured rich rosewood colour. :)

Here's another couple of pics (one with my Nash '63 Jazz bass relic):
[attachment=37888:Summer_2...tuff_230.JPG][attachment=37889:Summer_2...tuff_229.JPG]

Edited by Clarky

• 2 months later...