Why become a member? ×

Fender Sub-Lime Bass Fuzz Pedal

WWRRSS

[quote]

"It's big, green and ferocious. Frankenstein's monster? Good guess, but no. Introducing the Fender® Sub-Lime™ ass fuzz pedal.

Set it at your feet between you and your speakers, and transform the sound of your bass with classic
Fender fuzz ranging from the barest touch of evil to an utterly seismic roar. Best of all, tailor your tone by setting the crossover frequency wherever you want the fuzz to happen--low-frequency fuzz, high-frequency fuzz and anything in between--all without sacrificing all-important low-end muscle and fundamental bass tone.

Dressed in sublime lime green, the big, heavy-duty cast design evokes Fender's great old pedals of the '70s and boasts an enormous control dial that fluoresces entrancingly from green to red as you

Simple volume and drive controls let you easily dial in the loudness and range of fuzz tones. Runs on 9-volt battery or DC power."

[url="http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0234500005#"]http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0234500005#[/url][/quote]

Anyone heard about or seen one of these? I'm quiet interested cause I'm a massive fan of the Fender Blender's harshness.

• 1 month later...

Hi All, tried one yesterday and was well impressed with it, reproduced that whole Muse/Hysteria sound exactly - only trouble was 'er indoors was sat outside in the car and as mentioned it's fairly big (about the size of a wah pedal, maybe a tad bigger) - couldn't really have snuck it in without her seeing :lol:

Might be taking another trip down to the shop today though...shhh.

£120 fairly hefty price tag too, just trying to weigh up how much use it's likely to get :)....sounds great though. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Thor' post='706383' date='Jan 9 2010, 11:03 AM']Hi All, tried one yesterday and was well impressed with it, reproduced that whole Muse/Hysteria sound exactly - only trouble was 'er indoors was sat outside in the car and as mentioned it's fairly big (about the size of a wah pedal, maybe a tad bigger) - couldn't really have snuck it in without her seeing :lol:

Might be taking another trip down to the shop today though...shhh.

£120 fairly hefty price tag too, just trying to weigh up how much use it's likely to get :)....sounds great though. :rolleyes:[/quote]

If you do, let us know how it sounds after you´ve given it a proper going over.
Very keen to see what people think of it, been contemplating this one since I saw the youtube upload.

[quote name='basshead56' post='706399' date='Jan 9 2010, 11:19 AM']If you do, let us know how it sounds after you´ve given it a proper going over.
Very keen to see what people think of it, been contemplating this one since I saw the youtube upload.[/quote]

Well i took another trip down the shop and parted with the necessary funds - had a little play with it this afternoon before gigging this evening, I tried to sneak it out on the floor without any of the other boys noticing - no chance of that! It is about the size of a wah pedal and when stomped on it sounds great - you could even say sublime!

Early days yet but the other two guitarists definitely were in favour of the sound this generates - as well as creating the fuzz type sound it also increases the volume somewhat as well, I do like the rotary control on top (very easy to use and the whole colour change gives an idea of how intense the fuzz is going to be), it is possible to get some nice hint of distortion/fuzz (very subtle) but also it is possible to get this thing feeding back when you get really excited.

I like the input gain and output gain controls being recessed on the sides of the pedal - avoids any accidental changes of settings, havent read the manual yet to see what the underside settings are for - also if holding a chord for a reasonable length of time the pedal acts like a phaser (the chord starts that whole cycling type thing and it is possible for the sound to grow and grow)

As said it's very early days for a critical review because I still have a bit of the new toy syndrome about me! :)

[quote name='jim_bass' post='707376' date='Jan 10 2010, 09:00 AM']It's a sandberg. Looks like it was made specially for them - don't speak german, so I could be wrong!

[/quote]

PMT in Birmingham have got one too. Apparently something went wrong with the CNC and they were left with a bunch of necks that were too narrow, so they made these.

I received Theo's one yesterday and I'm liking it so far. It is quite subtle compared to my Supercollider, but on the other hand it handles high output basses much better and the low end absolutely ROARS. A very useable bread&butter fuzz sound that retains definition very nicely. I think it will be a keeper until I can find something that sounds as good in a smaller package - I want to check out the Bass Big Muff next!

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='711332' date='Jan 13 2010, 02:28 PM']I received Theo's one yesterday and I'm liking it so far. It is quite subtle compared to my Supercollider, but on the other hand it handles high output basses much better and the low end absolutely ROARS. A very useable bread&butter fuzz sound that retains definition very nicely. I think it will be a keeper until I can find something that sounds as good in a smaller package - I want to check out the Bass Big Muff next![/quote]

I´ll trade you my bass big Muff and some cash for it :)

Nah, I'm hanging onto it for now, although I may pick up a used BBM if I see one so I can compare them side by side. I discovered last night that VT Bass -> Sub-Lime sounds sublime! The fuzz is pretty mellow by itself, hitting it with a bit of a treble boost sounds awesome.

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='712638' date='Jan 14 2010, 03:05 PM']Nah, I'm hanging onto it for now, although I may pick up a used BBM if I see one so I can compare them side by side. I discovered last night that VT Bass -> Sub-Lime sounds sublime! The fuzz is pretty mellow by itself, hitting it with a bit of a treble boost sounds awesome.[/quote]

Yeah, was thinking that when I get one, of running my LPB1/Zombie into it. I reckon a slight spike in gain would really push the bottom end of the Sublime