Why become a member? ×

Good deal on Orange at SoundsLive

obbm

I got a promotional mailshot from SoundsLive the other day publicising their new web site. Included were a number of discount vouchers including 10% off Orange amps.

Not being one to ignore a bargain I placed an order for a 500-watt Terror Bass which instead of the listed £412.39 brought the price down to £371.15 + carriage. A good saving and certainly the best price I've seen. They are due in stock within 2 weeks so now I have to wait, and wait, and wait.

It'll be interesting to see what they go up to when VAT rises again.

[quote name='andy67' post='658232' date='Nov 18 2009, 03:51 PM']Very intrigued by these little amps and really fancy one!

Are they valve or hybrid?

cheers

andy[/quote]

Twin valve pre-amp and Class D solid-state power amp.

[quote name='sixshooter' post='658329' date='Nov 18 2009, 05:14 PM']Looking forward to trying that one out Dave! will it go nicely with my Epi 4 x 10? what do you think?[/quote]

Most certainly Steve. It'll also go with my Epi 2x12, 2 x Epi 1x12s and the UL310.

Just depends which I can fit in the Smart.

[quote name='obbm' post='658224' date='Nov 18 2009, 03:47 PM']I got a promotional mailshot from SoundsLive the other day publicising their new web site. Included were a number of discount vouchers including 10% off Orange amps.

Not being one to ignore a bargain I placed an order for a 500-watt Terror Bass which instead of the listed £412.39 brought the price down to £371.15 + carriage. A good saving and certainly the best price I've seen. They are due in stock within 2 weeks so now I have to wait, and wait, and wait.

It'll be interesting to see what they go up to when VAT rises again.[/quote]

Nice one mate!
I'm really keen to have a go with one of these myself, can't wait to hear how you get on.
Hope you're keeping well :)

Cheers,
Eude

It arrived this morning ahead of schedule but I haven't been able to try it as we were without power for hours.

It came with a nice little gig-bag but there is no user manual. When I have some spare time I'll whip the covers off and see if I can work out what the 4-ohm/8-ohm switch does. Unusual for a solid-state power amp.

Nice one Dave!

I'm coming very close to shifting my LittleMark 250 to replace it with one of these.
Can't wait to hear what you think of it!
Even better that you'll be able to compare it to yer own MarkBass too :)

Cheers dude, enjoy!
Eude

It looks virtually the same as the Dual Terror that the guitarist in my band has. That thing is mighty, really loud and a tone full of character. If this is in the same league, then i'd consider these.

I'm not too keen on the cabinets though, i remember reading in the other thread about these that the technology was a step back in the past and the 4x10 will just sound more or less like a 2x10... but weigh the same as a 4x10 - i see the point in that. :)

Edited by TheButler

[quote name='obbm' post='658224' date='Nov 18 2009, 03:47 PM']I got a promotional mailshot from SoundsLive the other day publicising their new web site. Included were a number of discount vouchers including 10% off Orange amps.

It'll be interesting to see what they go up to when VAT rises again.[/quote]
Hi

Is there a promo code on the mailshot? I've just been on the website and these are up for £449.

Cheers

Andy

[quote name='Kinder' post='665975' date='Nov 26 2009, 10:08 AM']Hi

Is there a promo code on the mailshot? I've just been on the website and these are up for £449.

Cheers

Andy[/quote]

Hey Andy check the message in the forum from the guys at GAK they were offering a good price on it for basschatters I remember...

Cheers

Carlos

[quote name='TheButler' post='665973' date='Nov 26 2009, 10:07 AM']It looks virtually the same as the Dual Terror that the guitarist in my band has. That thing is mighty, really loud and a tone full of character. If this is in the same league, then i'd consider these.

I'm not too keen on the cabinets though, i remember reading in the other thread about these that the technology was a step back in the past and the 4x10 will just sound more or less like a 2x10... but weigh the same as a 4x10 - i see the point in that. :)[/quote]

I think its the same size ish as my Dual Terror, perhaps smaller. Weighs a fair bit less though.

[quote name='TheButler' post='666895' date='Nov 26 2009, 11:33 PM']I fancy picking one of these up in the next week or so; if anyone is in Edinburgh and wants to check it out then it'd be cool.[/quote]

That would rock mate!
I'm really keen to replace my MarkBass head with one of these, but I'd love to try one out with my Aguilar cab first...

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='eude' post='666902' date='Nov 26 2009, 11:36 PM']That would rock mate!
I'm really keen to replace my MarkBass head with one of these, but I'd love to try one out with my Aguilar cab first...

Cheers,
Eude[/quote]

I am waiting for GAK to get back to me, see if they're doing the offer still. So, all going well i could have one next week. I won't have a cab for it though, hence this proposition! :)

I'm thinking of putting it atop a Barefaced Compact; which my significant other says she might fund a bit of for a christmas pressy! :rolleyes:

[quote name='TheButler' post='666923' date='Nov 26 2009, 11:57 PM']I am waiting for GAK to get back to me, see if they're doing the offer still. So, all going well i could have one next week. I won't have a cab for it though, hence this proposition! :)

I'm thinking of putting it atop a Barefaced Compact; which my significant other says she might fund a bit of for a christmas pressy! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Cool :lol:
Well you're more than welcome to try it with my Aguilar GS112.
Keep me posted on how you get on...

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='Musicman20' post='667692' date='Nov 27 2009, 07:06 PM']Ah...I emailed Orange a few months ago. I think that photo wasnt supposed to be released, as with all amp companies they always have a new version in prototype....and the 1000 version is apparently still being tested and tweaked. I think they will probably wait til summer....like I might do![/quote]

I'll get a BT500 for now, and i suppose by summer i might have money for the GT200. Reckon the BT will suffice 'til next summer when the tour commences.