Why become a member? ×

Anyone ever fainted on stage?

urbanx

I haven't. But I came very close last week...

It was our last gig with our current drummer, so we decided to send him off with a bang. The pub was extremely busy, and extremely hot. I was extremely nervous.

We played an energetic hour long set, (we normally only get about half hour) and we launched into a cover of Blurs 'Song 2'. I went bananas. I felt my feet slightly stumble, no biggy, I'm quite good on my feet and have pretty good balance if I say so myself. But my vision just went blurry, and all of the muscles in my body just all went limp all at the same time. It went quiet for a second. It was actually quite peaceful.

My vision snapped back into focus, just as my chest hit the monitor. I had broken the fall slightly with my arms, and was unhurt. It must have just looked like I was milking a trip.

Did I carry on? of course I did! I felt well rough for a couple of days after tho!

Just after (no I hadn't been drinking)

Never fainted but did fall asleep once for a split second, and I was standing up too. It was an insanely hot venue with no air conditioning, back in the smoke-filled bar days. (The fact that I had a new girlfriend and had been spending the wee hours of the night and every single minute of the day with her didn't help either).

I did have a minor panic attack onstage earlier this year in Weimar, Germany. Being somewhat claustrophobic and playing in a large but low ceilinged basement venue was not a good mix. That fact eluded me at soundcheck but at night I looked up during the first song and couldn't see my way out. There was no backstage, rather several hundred year old, thick brick walls. The entrance was down a stair case that had now seemingly disappeared. I had to finish the rest of the gig staring at the floor, imagining I was playing some outdoor festival. Honestly has to be one of the most horrible gigs of my life (for non-musical reasons;))

Edited by Gareth Hughes

Never fainted on stage, but I didn't have any tea once and felt very woozy and just not focused on the gig. Ran to the shop and got loads of chocolate and crisps, survived the gig, then just lay down on the floor in the pub. Not one of my better moments.

Felt awful first time I saw Weezer too...first 'mosh pit' with a few thousand geeks and as soon as I got in the fresh air I nearly hit the deck.

Never fainted... But there was one gig where i was incredibly uncomfortable, my band were playing Portsmouth University and the main band setup differently to my band, i usually stand my drummers snare side and with the guitarist that plays the rhythmic stuff, in this instance i was shifted to the far right miles from the drummer and in ear shot of the twiddly *w***ing on* guitarists Orange rig and his on stage monitor, i had the vocal monitor to my right, i had an incredibly hot lighting rig at head level to my right and i couldn't have my bass rig loud as the temporary stage shook too much *volume on the markbass was 0.7 NOT EVEN 1!!* and the guitar amp mics picked it up!!! worst gig i have played, couldn't hear myself, i was boiling hot *wearing a cardigan too* i forgot my ear plugs, we were being recorded and being broadcasted live on Radio huge pressure and i just didn't want to be there.

Gigs like that are best forgotten!

heres a pic of that bastard Orange stack, lighting rig, and monitors...... urgh!

Yup. Similar to yours (though never actually gone right over) but I have had the odd occasion, normally at hot sweaty gigs and when I have held on to a note that bit to long when doing b vox. Suddenly sound becomes distant, the room spins and I brace against going over. Scary.

[quote name='Paul_C' post='650237' date='Nov 9 2009, 11:09 PM']I did a gig a few weeks ago where it sounded like someone had turned the volume down for a couple of bars, and then it came back again - didn't feel faint or anything but it did strike me as a little odd :)[/quote]

You're not the only on thats had this feeling. I felt like I wasn't quite there, but then things came back to normal. I had kept playing though, so all was well :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...