Why become a member? ×

Fender Coronado I cherry red 1968. SOLD.

jsixties

Bought past year from Bambibau, a well known italian dealer. Great looking and sounding bass in excellent condition (some belt wear on the back).
All original, hard to find colour and model. No cracks, breaks or issues of any kind, just one of the most underrated and cool basses ever done.
OHSC included.
200 pounds less of what I paid for: It's yours for 1145 pounds (bank wire only)+ shipping (about 50-55 pounds from Spain to UK with a traceable 4-5 days shipping service)
[size=4][color="#FF0000"]Reduced price: 1130 + shipping.[/color][/size]
No trades in this one please so I need the cash.

[color="#FF0000"][size=6]SOLD IN SPAIN, THANK YOU.[/size][/color]

Edited by jsixties

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='646328' date='Nov 5 2009, 03:36 PM']Says 68 on the neck.[/quote]

Erm, yes. How did I miss that? :blush:

And now I'm on a decent sized monitor, instead of my phone, it clearly doesn't say 1966 on the case, either.

Anyway, beautiful bass. I'll get me coat now...

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='646460' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:13 PM']Sweet Mother of God, I love that bass. (Stands entranced)[/quote]

Beat me to it again Skank. I've just worked out that if I sell the Eden and the USA P for cash I could afford this. If I bought it I'd let you visit once a month to ogle.

[quote name='deaver' post='648308' date='Nov 7 2009, 07:28 PM']If I bought it I'd let you visit once a month to ogle.[/quote]
[i]If[/i] you bought it, I would indeed come by to hug and caress this glorious bass. Maybe even give the fretboard some little butterfly kisses and [b][font="Courier New"][color="#FF0000"]PROFANITY ALERT[/color][/font][/b]

Of course, 20 years ago I'd not have had it for firewood. How time weighs upon the soul...

Still available, a good friend of mine and guitar collector told me yesterday that this bass have one of the best Brazilian Rosewood fingerboards he ever saw.
More details about tone & playability: The neck is is straight with a slim/medium round, very easy to play. Original frets in very good condition showing only minor wear not dents. The truss rod works perfect.
This bass is superb and plays fantastic, extremely resonant with a very low weight.

[quote name='spacecowboy' post='653432' date='Nov 13 2009, 12:21 PM']wow super old school! Fantastic condition too! Good Luck![/quote]

Thanks mate!

[quote name='sesanbass' post='653921' date='Nov 13 2009, 08:27 PM']So the question for me now is how much :)
Where are you based BTW?[/quote]

Take a look at my profile and the first post. :rolleyes:
1145 pounds + shipping. I'm from Spain.
I have a DR Sunbeams set with only minutes of playing that I include with the sale too.