Why become a member? ×

Who just jumped on the TecAmp bandwagon? :D

Melv

I bagged the last available puma 350 head on my way to a gig...
Tried the fenomenal 1x12 combo in the shop, inquired about any puma heads still lying about, helpful staff saw one last one in the glasgow shop, out came my Visa, and the rest is history.
Awaiting delivery now...

Seriously tempted by one of their smaller cabs, after humping my Ampeg cab up and down from the second floor all by myself.

[quote name='Melv' post='644203' date='Nov 3 2009, 10:20 AM']After finding out about GuitarGuitar and their amazing deals on TecAmp...........and after a gd night sleep, I've just ordered the 8x10 cab....with a saving of £1150!!!!

Coupled with my mesa walkabout.....can't wait to hear the result![/quote]

In my quest for ultimate lightness, if there's one thing I don't need it's an 810 ... but I still nearly bought that one!

Enjoy. :)

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='644225' date='Nov 3 2009, 10:48 AM']In my quest for ultimate lightness, if there's one thing I don't need it's an 810 ... but I still nearly bought that one!

Enjoy. :)[/quote]

Well i used to have an ampeg svt410he and svt115E, from that i went to the walkabout scout.........kinda miss the ridiculous beafy sound a huge cab gives even though i can't fault the walkabout scout. The radiator speaker on it is amazing! so im now going back to the big stuff!

I don't even know where im going to put it...................that would be far too sensible to think out before i got it!

Edited by Melv

[quote name='obbm' post='644349' date='Nov 3 2009, 01:11 PM']I have to confess that a Pleasure (Board) is all mine. It's just been delivered. I'm really looking forward to trying it and seeing if it makes it easier for me to play without deafening the band.[/quote]

Where did you get it from, Dave?

I'm intrigued by these things ... the sheer gimmickry of it, the expense, the look on my lead guitarist's face! :)

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='644361' date='Nov 3 2009, 01:27 PM']Where did you get it from, Dave?[/quote]

Guitarguitar along with everyone else.

I've seen smaller versions of this in Germany when I was at MusicMesse in Frankfurt a few years ago. They had a type of ButtKicker that clamps on to a drummers stool but also a small version for a bass player to put his foot on. If it works then I will make myself a small one.

[quote name='obbm' post='644349' date='Nov 3 2009, 01:11 PM']I have to confess that a Pleasure (Board) is all mine. It's just been delivered. I'm really looking forward to trying it and seeing if it makes it easier for me to play without deafening the band.[/quote]

This might sound a bit simple but does the board actually produce a sound or is it vibration only?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='644608' date='Nov 3 2009, 07:24 PM']This might sound a bit simple but does the board actually produce a sound or is it vibration only?[/quote]

Not tried it yet but I suspect that it's low frequency vibration which needs to be used in comjunction with IEMs..

[quote name='RussFM' post='644331' date='Nov 3 2009, 12:49 PM']Two more evenings to go until I can play through my Puma 350 and S212 at real volume, can't wait :lol:[/quote]
Gonna try my puma 350 thru a barefaced compact tomorrow night. It will be awsome. I have decided it will and I will annoy everyone else by being too loud
so there Ha HA HA :) :rolleyes:

I received my L610 today and it sounded amazing with my Puma 500 head........amazing!!!.............until an hour into band practise when it started sounding fuzzy like an overdriven sound so I'm assuming a speaker has gone??????

I hadn't thought about it but after the event I remembered reading that it's just as easy to blow a speaker by not enough power as by too much!

Have I been stupid trying to drive a huge powerful cab with a 500W head?

[quote name='Flanker' post='644879' date='Nov 3 2009, 11:52 PM']I received my L610 today and it sounded amazing with my Puma 500 head........amazing!!!.............until an hour into band practise when it started sounding fuzzy like an overdriven sound so I'm assuming a speaker has gone??????

I hadn't thought about it but after the event I remembered reading that it's just as easy to blow a speaker by not enough power as by too much!

Have I been stupid trying to drive a huge powerful cab with a 500W head?[/quote]

That shouldnt really be a problem....500W is pretty average nowadays.

Hmm....send it back dude. Shame really :)

[quote name='Flanker' post='644879' date='Nov 3 2009, 11:52 PM']I received my L610 today and it sounded amazing with my Puma 500 head........amazing!!!.............until an hour into band practise when it started sounding fuzzy like an overdriven sound so I'm assuming a speaker has gone??????

Have I been stupid trying to drive a huge powerful cab with a 500W head?[/quote]

Wouldn't think so. I used my 550w Thunderfunk with a Tech 6x10 with no issue and you'd have had a bit of warning if that had been too much for the cab... yours ears would have bled! :)

[quote name='Flanker' post='644879' date='Nov 3 2009, 11:52 PM']I hadn't thought about it but after the event I remembered reading that it's just as easy to blow a speaker by not enough power as by too much![/quote]

No it isn't. Too little power can blow tweeters but it can't blow woofers. Probably a faulty speaker.

Alex