Why become a member? ×

bass and rig

munkonthehill

here you go folks, hope you all dig my new rig.

we have my amazing fender Jaguar bass, possibly the most versatile bass ever made.

on top is my ashdown mag 600h

and to complete this setup is my ampeg 4x10hlf.
I look at this setup and just smile hahahahaha

I havent gigged this setup yet and I cant wait, I have a gig on 7th nov in dakota in greenock, if anyones interested please pop by.

Edited by munkonthehill

I played a Jag bass through an Ashdown 4x12 cab yesterday (but via my 1978 Bassman head though) and it was one of the best tones I've ever had. I have an Ampeg cab at home and this was just the rehearsal studio set up. A lot of tone! I'm interested in those 4x10 Ampeg cabs. Out of curiosity, what's the instrument in the background?

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='642368' date='Nov 1 2009, 10:26 AM']I played a Jag bass through an Ashdown 4x12 cab yesterday (but via my 1978 Bassman head though) and it was one of the best tones I've ever had. I have an Ampeg cab at home and this was just the rehearsal studio set up. A lot of tone! I'm interested in those 4x10 Ampeg cabs. Out of curiosity, what's the instrument in the background?[/quote]

dare i say................ its a gretsch 6string

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='642840' date='Nov 1 2009, 09:08 PM']dare i say................ its a gretsch 6string[/quote]

I love Gretsch guitars, next to teles they are my favourite. Never understood the anti-guitar comments on this or any bass forum - My view is that I like guitar music so why be negative? :) I think we must have similar tastes

[quote name='guybrush threepwood' post='645384' date='Nov 4 2009, 03:58 PM']Wow, Ashdown and Ampeg stuff really looks great together! I've got an Eden with an Ashdown cab, and it looks like a creation of Frankenstein![/quote]

get a pic up then dude, lets keep this thread going, i want to see eveyones bass and amp rig

[quote name='andy67' post='649244' date='Nov 8 2009, 10:39 PM']Have you had a full practice or gigged with the rig yet?

andy[/quote]

hey andy, had a gig on saturday and took along the rig, just to say OMG.

It did everything i wanted. the cab was amazing, playing with the head it was just awesome, im going to have to play about with the amp to really get the sound im after but i couldnt have been more than happy. Im just a bit disappointed it wasnt an ampeg amp sitting ontop of it. but I am very impressed with the overall sound.

You lot gigging yet, i really want to see the 8x10 in action.

Hi Steve,

Looks great! Don't underestimate the Ashdown head - you'll get what you want from it in time.

I wouldn't worry about the ampeg head, the next thing you should begin looking at is a valve head. The ampeg is a hybrid valve not full valve head. But, I'm glad you like the cab they are great.

cheers for now

andy

• 8 months later...

since my last update there has been some comings and goings.. ok ALOT of coming and goings, however here is a wee update on my current

the ashdown head is gone and now an ampeg B5R sits ontop giving both awesome clean and OD channel of ampeg goodness

stingray and rig

Jaguar and rig

aerodyne and rig

I dont know if the pics are a bit OTT however I feel as though they should be seen by all :)

[quote name='Hutton' post='897173' date='Jul 17 2010, 11:24 AM']Very nice collection of basses. The only investment you need now is a couple of stands - you know it makes sense![/quote]

well due to my lad being 11months (1year old on the 30th of july,,,how time flies) i cant keep them on the floor just now, so they are in the back room out of harms way.

I cant really have them out on show until he is old enough to learn a will do him in if he touches them!!

[quote name='sk8' post='897581' date='Jul 17 2010, 08:36 PM']you took the ashtrays off[/quote]

aye haha, its damn hard to play with them on, its ok when your noodling in the house, but when your moving about gigging and getting right into a song you tend to find your right hand wanders, thankfully at rehearsals before my first gig with it I kept hitting the ashtrays, so decided to take them off.

I actually ment to stick them on for the pic, but I could find the screwdriver to stick them back on

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...