Why become a member? ×

Flea Bass

stingrayfan

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Lylodile' post='635525' date='Oct 24 2009, 06:12 PM']The only thing with that is he's replaced the pickup to an EMG35DC and added a emg preamp :).[/quote]
I'm thinking, for what he paid for the FleaBass plus that pup and pre, he could have got himself a decent bass and a can of Halfords 'orrible green spray paint.
I guess playing talent and financial acumen do not always go hand in hand.

No seriously, take a look at some of his non-RHCP vids, he's an excellent bass player and always progressing, you can see the progression along the way! Take a look at some of the Stevie Wonder stuff, mature playing.

His passion for the instrument is amazing.

PS take a look at some of his other basses!!!

Edited by AM1

[quote name='AM1' post='644855' date='Nov 3 2009, 11:28 PM']No seriously, take a look at some of his non-RHCP vids, he's an excellent bass player and always progressing, you can see the progression along the way! Take a look at some of the Stevie Wonder stuff, mature playing.
His passion for the instrument is amazing.[/quote]
+1. He's a talented kid.

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' post='648416' date='Nov 7 2009, 10:42 PM']Brilliant. Like the green....it's the scratchplate I hate :) great sound tho'[/quote]

It needs a checkered plate like my Stinkray.

Seriously though that is awesome, I took an hour out the other day to learn it, bit weird playing with my fingers but it's sounds awful with a pick.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='648201' date='Nov 7 2009, 04:52 PM']+1. He's a talented kid.[/quote]

Oh, immensely so - especially considering he's only been playing bass for 3 years!!

I've learned a lot just from watching and listening to his uploads.

When you look at the two versions of Master Blaster he recorded, in the early one you can see him using a variant of floating thumb technique then in the second recording his technique is totally different, thumb anchored on the pickup. I play exactly the way he plays in the first recording mostly out of force of habit but it's proving very difficult to fully break out of it but I know it won't come overnight.

Check out some of his Jamiroquai recordings....there's the makings of a magnificently funktastic player. He has a natural sense of groove you don't see so much of. In time when he leaves just a bit more space, it will be dynamite.

Edited by AM1