Why become a member? ×

gone

Clarky

My latest acquisitions and - together with my Shuker JJB - I am a happy bunny. Famous last words (I know ...) but I think my bass odyssey may have finally ended (or at least be very nearly over). Now all I have to do is learn to play the damn things!

First off, my Oly White 08 Fender P5, bought this week from dave_bass5
[attachment=34564:clarky_basses_012.JPG]

And next, my 09 US Jazz, to which I have just added an Audere preamp (what a difference!)
[attachment=34566:clarky_basses_010.JPG][attachment=34567:clarky_basses_011.JPG]

Oh and here's my Mesa Walkabout rig too!
[attachment=34563:clarky_basses_002.JPG]

Edited by Clarky

Oy Clarky - I have your P's twin. Just got home with it and having an inaugural pluck through my Tascam - very nice, very light too.

Russ you'll love this - can't wait for you to try it next weekend.

Jury's out on the strings though - it's got TI flats on (which I really really like) but I don't think that sound's for my new band.

Despite being an avowed Flats man on Ps, I am thinking of swapping for rounds too. I think they may be more suited to this bass (the Chromes are lovely and slippy but are strangely less tense than on my Shuker JJB despite same scale length - huh?). Dave is kindly mailing me the Fender nickel rounds set he had on and I will give them a try out. Lovely piece of kit, the P5

[quote name='alexharvay' post='632083' date='Oct 21 2009, 08:31 AM']I'm kicking myself a bit for not getting that Mesa extension cab. May have to rectify that and order one at some point.

Love the colours in your house, reminds me of a packet of Skittles.[/quote]
The colours are down to the artistic Mrs Clarky - our kitchen is bright lime green and we have a lot of bright velvet stuff and Union Jack carpets and cushions etc. She should design basses!

Re: Mesa cab, always knew it was a nice-to-have luxury as for the vast majority of our gigs the Walkabout combo is plenty loud enough

[quote name='Clarky' post='632090' date='Oct 21 2009, 08:53 AM']The colours are down to the artistic Mrs Clarky - our kitchen is bright lime green and we have a lot of bright velvet stuff and Union Jack carpets and cushions etc. She should design basses!

Re: Mesa cab, always knew it was a nice-to-have luxury as for the vast majority of our gigs the Walkabout combo is plenty loud enough[/quote]

I haven't had a chance to gig my yet. Our singer has a throat infection at the moment. I reckon he's been kissing our drummer. Used it for a couple of practices though and it's been outstanding. I've sold my 2 old amps now as well so have a bit of spare cash floating around.

Your rig still looks mega and I must get round to trying an 09 Jazz.

[quote name='barks' post='632099' date='Oct 21 2009, 09:09 AM']Hi Clarky,
You've put some nice gear together there for sure. Your jazz is a classic look that fits in anywhere.

All the best
Neil
(The Epi 3x10 you sold me is still going well by the way.)[/quote]
Thanks Neil, my Jazz is basically a budget version of your beautiful Sadowsky!

Put some new LaBella 760FL flats on the Jazz last night (after seeing the clip of Michael/wateroftyne's lovely early 70s Jazz). Its SO nice to play as well as sounding great. Am feeling very spoiled right now with this, the P5 and the JJ Burnel. Wish I could play all three at once!

Glad the Epi 3x10 has worked out well!