Why become a member? ×

NORTH EAST BASS BASH - NOVEMBER 2009 - PICS & VIDEO ADDED!

wateroftyne

Sorry, I'm not now bringing a Barefaced Compact. :rolleyes:

I'm bringing TWO Barefaced Compacts :)

One's now mine (ALL Mine, I tell you, my Precioussssss) and t'other is the one on tour. Dunno who takes the tour one home on Sunday though? Is there a suggestion that makes it fair 'n all that?

I don't want to sound precious about this, but there is a certain amout of hassle involved in getting my gear over to the NEBB, and so far I have had no indication that anyone wants to hear the Omni 12 or the NS CR5M.

If anyone does want to hear this stuff, please say so within the next 24 hours, and I will tell the other users of my gear that they need to find an alternative for the day. If I haven't heard anything within 24 hours, I'll leave the gear where it is.

Regards

David

I should be able to make this now. Hurrah!

[quote name='Mottlefeeder' post='665729' date='Nov 25 2009, 11:08 PM']If anyone does want to hear this stuff, please say so within the next 24 hours, and I will tell the other users of my gear that they need to find an alternative for the day. If I haven't heard anything within 24 hours, I'll leave the gear where it is.[/quote]

I would like to hear the NS EUB please if possible, but if it's a hassle then I can wait until the next bash. :)

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='665483' date='Nov 25 2009, 08:22 PM']I'm bringing TWO Barefaced Compacts :)[/quote]
LOL.

Does that mean I can save myself the effort of bringing mine?

Happy to bring it if people want, but otherwise I might as well save myself a little running around on Sunday morning.

Bumflaps. I appear to be coming down with something nasty. Hope it's not swine plague or avian bronchitis or whatever's going round Tynedale these days. Probably just the annual bout of norovirus. Waiting for our part-timer to come and relieve me in the shop (steady now...) so I can go and spend the day in bed, resting up for some bass tomorrow.

Here's hoping.

Can anyone attending the Bash who fancies a trial of the Warwick Hellborg Preamp please do so. The only thing I'd ask is that you right a brief, honest, comment on your thoughts (I've given WoT an A4 Notebook to jot them down in). I'm not expecting a magazine style review, just a few brief words and if possible a short summary of what you presently use/style of music or whatever!

Enjoy the bash one and all. :)

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='668914' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:10 AM']Everyone else... see ya there![/quote]
Apart from me. :) I think this is only a cold, but it's the worst cold I've ever had, and I've had some bad ones. If I stand up, I want to sit down. If I sit down, I want to lie down. If I lie down, I want to throw up. And the headache ain't shifting, no matter what I throw at it.

If I miraculously recover in the next four hours, I'll be there in a shot. But I don't fancy my chances. :rolleyes:

And I really wanted to hear the Vintage vs Compact comparison. Bum bum bum bum bum.

Big thanks to WaterofTyne and all the basschat members who made this a great afternoon out. I've never seen so much expensive gear in one place :) :lol: ....

.......and I had a bit of a result in the raffle........ahem :lol: :rolleyes:

Now got enough strings to last 'til I'm 53. :lol: :lol:

Gaz Howe I want that Status ....... and the new amp and cab :lol:

Gota dash.....Copt Hill tonight :lol:

Yes, Cheers WOT for organising a great afternoon. I thoroughly enjoyed playing some tasty basses (especially the Status Series II and Warwick Streamer!) through some fantastic rigs.

Great venue and proper coffee too - plus I also won a set of the strings. All in all very enjoyable and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Steve.