Why become a member? ×

Bass Players in Hats Summer options?

OldGit

I usually wear a black trilby (with lights on :)) in my main band as we wear black outfits.
The brim is great for keeping the stage lights out f my eyes and off my glasses

However, I dep quite often with a band that wears summery clothes, Hawaiian shirts, etc.
Naturally I join in with the loud clothing but, of course, my black hats don't match very well.

So I still want to wear a hat to keep the stage lights off my glasses but one that fits in .. any suggestions?

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='geoffbyrne' post='623733' date='Oct 12 2009, 08:52 AM']My recommendation would be to go back & view the 1st series of theTV version of 'Mash' & see what 'Henry' is wearing...........

:lol:

G.[/quote]

Oh I love MASH. I read the books before the film or the telly series and then watched eeruy one I think.

A good fly fishing hat complete with flies :) Cool but ... The brim's not quite wide enough on those to do the stage lights thing (I've tried)

Kangol seem to have a hat for every occasion but some are a bit "old bloke" and I don't need to emphasise that :rolleyes: How about this?

[quote name='clauster' post='623792' date='Oct 12 2009, 10:18 AM']My first thought was Henry's from M*A*S*H, but if you need a bigger brim, how about a sombrero?[/quote]

I may look out for a fly fishing hat of some sort though ... Got me thinking

Sombrero? Er this is a wedding/conference/function band so not really :)

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='623755' date='Oct 12 2009, 09:31 AM']my vote would have to be this:

[/quote]

I think this is the winner (even if Wotnwhy changed their mind!). The other alternative is lose the hat and just wear shades if it's that sort of look. Depending on how bright your future is, of course :)

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='623809' date='Oct 12 2009, 10:30 AM']I think this is the winner (even if Wotnwhy changed their mind!). The other alternative is lose the hat and just wear shades if it's that sort of look. Depending on how bright your future is, of course :rolleyes:[/quote]

Ah sadly my reactolight lenses in the blind as a bat glasses don't react to stagelights and shades onstage indoors? Sorry I'm way too cool for that :)

[quote name='mike257' post='623837' date='Oct 12 2009, 11:05 AM']The Kangol works for Samuel L Jackson. Maximum cool points already, I'd give that a go :rolleyes:[/quote]
He tends to wear it backwards though so it wouldn't really help with the stage lighting problem. :)

[quote name='Ray' post='623895' date='Oct 12 2009, 12:49 PM']I'd go for a straw pork pie. Similar to the one above but with a narrower brim.

[/quote]

I have a porkie, er well I have two :)
The brown one is my normal daytime wear all winter ..
Stingy brim isn't wide enough for the lights thing though ..

Re Kangol and Samual L
I used to wear my winter Kangol backwards but I'm not cool enough in general. and yeah backwards the peak doesn't work...
However, that Kangol light cap with speed stripe worn forwards is favorite at present.

Sorry chaps, I''m not being diuffcult but I do have about 20 hats already and I've had a long think already but I'm fairly stuck on this which is why I'm calling on the great combine "knowledge bass" of basschat

[quote name='chris_b' post='623842' date='Oct 12 2009, 11:08 AM']A top hat with a 2/6 ticket in the band? You could spray paint the Panama a different colour? Silver or red sparkle?[/quote]

Don't have a top hat (yet) .. I like the low ones like undertakers and horse riders wear but it woud have to be a battered one. Not for this gig though :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='623905' date='Oct 12 2009, 12:56 PM']Sorry chaps, I''m not being diuffcult but I do have about [b]20[/b] hats already and I've had a long think already but I'm fairly stuck on this which is why I'm calling on the great combine "knowledge bass" of basschat[/quote]
OK then, Lord Hattington, why not try one of these lads?

Now [i]that's[/i] a hat.

Edited by skankdelvar