Why become a member? ×

Shuker Jazz "Jaffa Cake" Bass

thedontcarebear

[quote name='JMT3781' post='841214' date='May 18 2010, 06:17 PM']I got an email at 19.40 last night lol :)

must been getting it all over with in one go... Looks like my second shuker is ready, just settling over the weekend then being posted to me next week :rolleyes:

not rubbing it in too much, cuz mine is nowhere as special as you guys's... although check out the neck construction :lol:[/quote]

At the risk of hijacking the thread - I saw this neck at the weekend when I was at Jon's having a couple of tweaks done and the Paduak very striking in the flesh. My third Shuker is has made incredible progress over the last month, so I sense Jon is firing on all cylinders and some deliveries are imminent!

P

[quote name='JMT3781' post='841214' date='May 18 2010, 06:17 PM']I got an email at 19.40 last night lol :)

must been getting it all over with in one go... Looks like my second shuker is ready, just settling over the weekend then being posted to me next week :rolleyes:

not rubbing it in too much, cuz mine is nowhere as special as you guys's... although check out the neck construction :lol:[/quote]

Nice one mate, I wondered who'd snapped up that bass from the stock page, hell of a lot of bass for the money!

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='842787' date='May 20 2010, 08:19 AM']Obviously, I didn't actually receive the promised photos![/quote]

Sorry to hear that mate, I know it's frustrating, but when the bass arrives you'll forget all this :lol:

Cheers,
Eude

this looks awesome! i can't wait to see it finished! i'm really loving the orange, and what with waynepunkdude doing his orange refinish a little while ago, and now this, i'm GASing more and more for an orange bass!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since its been over a month and a half since the 2/3 weeks til its done e-mail, I assume I may actually get it sometime around Christmas! Hurrah! Haha.

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='866767' date='Jun 14 2010, 09:52 AM']Well, since its been over a month and a half since the 2/3 weeks til its done e-mail, I assume I may actually get it sometime around Christmas! Hurrah! Haha.[/quote]

It'll be worth the wait dude, hang in there :)

I htink when I saw the name of this thread I was imagining that the bass would be orange and brown (like a jaffa cake - marmalade and chocolate).

I'm not sure if I'm disapointed or relieved - as I was imagining brown hardware and scratchplate :) - which whilst innovative may not have worked so well aesthetically.

Edited by gilmour

[quote name='Finbar' post='867623' date='Jun 14 2010, 11:16 PM']It was mostly finished when I picked a bass up about a week and a half ago. I seem to remember the control plate not being finished, so I'm guessing it isn't/wasn't wired up fully yet. Nearly there![/quote]

I think its been in that state for some time.

I don't really care anymore, I am spending my spare cash this month, if he gets it done, he'll have to wait til after payday.

[quote name='OldGit' post='867973' date='Jun 15 2010, 01:03 PM']Sorry, just thought it did as the key feature of this bass is the orange finish :)[/quote]

Indeed. It's like saying "Wow, I love your cat. I wish I had one just like it, but long and thin and reptilian with a penchant for constricting its prey."

S.P.