Why become a member? ×

Is this guy joking or what.....?

flatwound

Excuse my ignorance please :) but is this peanut playing with his tool, or is this the kind of money these things go for....and if so "why" ?
Its an amp for f#%^ sake

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VINTAGE-1973-TUBE-OR-120-ORANGE-BASS-HEAD_W0QQitemZ180412651752QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Amplifiers?hash=item2a016e98e8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VINTAGE-1973-TUBE-O...id=p3286.c0.m14[/url]

[quote name='Sibob' post='617469' date='Oct 5 2009, 11:33 PM']It will sell for as much as someone wants to pay for it.
Please mind your language in future

Si[/quote]

Do you think you could explain what was offensive, and let me know the word you deleted,...I think it was "prick", just checked,.. and yes, its in the Oxford English Dictionary.....as is goose !!

[quote name='flatwound' post='617518' date='Oct 5 2009, 03:07 PM']Do you think you could explain what was offensive, and let me know the word you deleted,...I think it was "prick", just checked,.. and yes, its in the Oxford English Dictionary.....as is goose !![/quote]

Yes but you didn't mean it in that context or you wouldn't have had to look it up.

As far as I'm concerned you had little grounds the insult the seller as you don't know what the item he is selling is worth.

[quote name='henry norton' post='617466' date='Oct 5 2009, 02:31 PM']I'm sure there's some tool out there somewhere who'll pay up. My 300 quid amp recently came up on Ebay US for 2500 US Dollars (1800 quid or so?), and if someone offered me that for it I'd take the money and run :rolleyes:[/quote]

True.

A guitarist I used to play in a band with picked up a great condition OR100 and matching 4x12 for £180. And that was from Denmark St. A year later he picked up a 2x12 combo version for £150 from the same place.

Mind you, you could pick up AC30s with blue speakers for under £75 around that time as well. :)

[quote name='henry norton' post='617588' date='Oct 5 2009, 04:05 PM']During the dark ages (well, the mid 1980's), when I started playing, Orange were generally regarded as something you bought if you couldn't afford a second hand Marshall. How times have changed eh????[/quote]
A guy I knew in the 80's bought one for 80 quid... he promptly painted it black.

[quote name='flatwound' post='617434' date='Oct 5 2009, 02:04 PM']Excuse my ignorance please :) but is this peanut playing with his tool, or is this the kind of money these things go for....and if so "why" ?
Its an amp for f#%^ sake

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VINTAGE-1973-TUBE-OR-120-ORANGE-BASS-HEAD_W0QQitemZ180412651752QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Amplifiers?hash=item2a016e98e8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VINTAGE-1973-TUBE-O...id=p3286.c0.m14[/url][/quote]
thats a proper orange amp in good nick, and its found its way to australia thus the inflated price!

[quote name='bigthumb' post='618166' date='Oct 6 2009, 06:56 AM']Is there any Australians here who would say that this is a good price or not? I for one think its a bit OTT. Lets see if it sells or not.[/quote]

I bet Crazykiwi really loves it when you call him an Australian. Maybe ask him.