Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

[quote name='teej' post='1126895' date='Feb 14 2011, 12:11 PM']Here's Red Jackson in Guildford recently: Gene Vincent's 'Race With the Devil'...

[/quote]

Mate, I've often seen you on a saturday during last year in Guildford, nice to know your on basschat

[quote name='Huwberry' post='1147689' date='Mar 2 2011, 09:04 PM']I've been on a bit of a slap binge lately:

I think I'm upstaged by my cat in this one...[/quote]

that's great, and I *love* the sound of your bass there. I never thought I could say that of a P-bass, but what do you know??? :)

[quote name='mcnach' post='1147723' date='Mar 2 2011, 09:29 PM']that's great, and I *love* the sound of your bass there. I never thought I could say that of a P-bass, but what do you know??? :)[/quote]
Thanks man! I love the sound of it too, and it plays really nice - those 50s Precisions are something else.

[quote name='Huwberry' post='1147931' date='Mar 3 2011, 01:10 AM']Thanks man! I love the sound of it too, and it plays really nice - those 50s Precisions are something else.[/quote]

Just curious: is the pickup stock?
I'm starting to feel the GAS :)

[quote name='Huwberry' post='1126879' date='Feb 14 2011, 12:00 PM']For my next video, I promise to do something other than MJ. I couldn't help myself - when I heard this tune, I [b]had to[/b] transcribe it. What a groove.

[/quote]that was frickin awsome... a simple bass line with great detail in your playing H..

[quote name='Huwberry' post='1147689' date='Mar 2 2011, 09:04 PM']I've been on a bit of a slap binge lately:

I think I'm upstaged by my cat in this one...[/quote]
great stuff again H.. 2 things that made me laugh..(in a good way).. 1 your bass face. 2 when you spotted the cat.. :)

Edited by bubinga5

Me from a few years back in a very rare rock excursion...

And last year after far too many beers. The party was for a close friend who preferred the band to have a good time rather than being our usual professional selves. All it took was a couple of mistakes by me at 3.32 and the whole band is suddenly looking around at each other with those eyes saying "how we gonna get out of this one".

Edited by NowVertical