Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1316849376' post='1383573']
Just discovered this thread. LOVE that basstone WHUFC. Lovely and dirty.
[/quote]

That was my old Yamaha TRB going through an Ampeg SVT 4 and 8x10 cab. As you say it was a great sound and sadly I don't own a rig like that. The sheer weight of the thing would put me off, especially as I've got a nasty case of sciatica at the moment too :)

[url="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlat5a_steely-dan-peg-live-bass-playalong-by-huw-foster_music"]http://www.dailymoti...uw-foster_music[/url]

Peg by Steely Dan, from the Alive in America album.

Hmph. YouToob didn't like this one - WMG has blocked all of its content worldwide. Oh well, can't really complain. It's on Dailymotion now.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='urb' timestamp='1303889993' post='1212308']
Another live vid from me and the Groove Digger funk band

Hope you enjoy it

Mike
[/quote]

Wow. If I could be half and good as you, then I would be a very happy guy. :)

I absolutely love this, it feels so funky and your playing is amazing.

(I'm not one for technical musicy terms :) haha).

Well done dude, can't wait to here more! :)

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1311612005' post='1316007']
Awesome stuff Mike. Love the solo and your tone is great. I've seen that your old Thumb has come up for sale on the boards. I loved that bass, sounded awesome with the Schack preamp in it. Almost tempted to buy it myself!
[/quote]

Thanks Chris - I just checked out the for sale thread with my old bass on - brings back a lot of good memories... loved that bsss - kind of love my current ones more now... oh well :)

Glas you enjoyed the video too

M

[quote name='J.R.Bass' timestamp='1319145894' post='1410651']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YckuBinXc64[/media]

New recording of Santana's smooth.
[/quote]

Great playing, really enjoyed that.. a great rhytm section with confident playing. Nice guitarsolo at the end too.. Heard the original just the other day on the radio and the bass-line captured my attention. Just good solid bass-playing with excellence in the details.

[quote name='wombatboter' timestamp='1319220523' post='1411572']

Great playing, really enjoyed that.. a great rhytm section with confident playing. Nice guitarsolo at the end too.. Heard the original just the other day on the radio and the bass-line captured my attention. Just good solid bass-playing with excellence in the details.
[/quote]

Cheers dude, couldn't be happier with Josh on drums & Harry on percussion. They're easily the most fun & easiest players i work with. Ahh, the guitar solo at the end, not going to lie, its about as much as a w***iest as it can get but he's damn awesome at it.
I've got a transcription on my website if you ever want to look at the finer details of the line.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Chlo_treacher' timestamp='1320325850' post='1425317']
Here is mine, playing sir duke by the legendary stevie wonder.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-7ZxkyiGbQ&feature=channel_video_title[/media]

Chlo x

EDIT; P.s Im not left handed, its just the program i used that made it look that way.
[/quote]

Like this :)

That's a pretty difficult bass part to master & you've really nailed it. Well done!

[quote name='louisthebass' timestamp='1320327021' post='1425335']

Like this :)

That's a pretty difficult bass part to master & you've really nailed it. Well done!
[/quote]

aww thanks alot, very kind of you. agreed its a tricky one, those riffs gave me the sweats for weeks lol. but then i was slightly put in my place when a 14 year old student of mine who had only been playing a year learnt it in an hour and up to speed by the following morning. :) lool. sw has some amazing lines though, really must learn a few more of them. x

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Huwberry' timestamp='1322145161' post='1447173']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liSajGcq68U[/media]

New one this afternoon. Not perfect IMO, but I don't want to place the emphasis on technicality.
[/quote]

Always liked your playing Huw, you've got a really great feel for your instrument.