Why become a member? ×

75 Jazz / Coronado II / L2000 Nordstrand / Gibson RD

tonyxtiger

Hi, for anyone who's interested I'm selling a Heavy Reliced USA Fender Jazz 75 reissue, A 68 Fender Coronado II Wildwood, A G&L L2000 with Audere preamp and Nordstrand musicman pickups and possibly a Gibson RD maple

I have listed the first three on ebay but not the RD as I'm still trying to get the nerve up to sell it.

here's a few pics but there's more on ebay, contact me if you are interested. Theres a few watchers but there's also a lot of timewasters so if no success on the ebay I may be open to offers.

cheers, Darren
[attachment=33029:IMG_2838.JPG]
[attachment=33030:IMG_2872.JPG]
[attachment=33031:IMG_2730.JPG]

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='601741' date='Sep 17 2009, 09:29 PM']Sorry, know it's been said before but that Coronado is lovely. Not the kind of finish you'd expect from Fender .... a re-fin maybe ? If it is, it ought to be one that adds value, not removes it.

Andy[/quote]

Quoted from the eBay listing regarding the finish:

"The Wildwood finish is a bit of a rarity and it employed Fenders employees injecting dye into trees to get these grain pattern."

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='601741' date='Sep 17 2009, 08:29 PM']Sorry, know it's been said before but that Coronado is lovely. Not the kind of finish you'd expect from Fender .... a re-fin maybe ?[/quote]

The Coronado series featured a number of unusual finishes, including Wildwood and Antigua. There were several Wildwood Rainbow finishes, including ones that used greens, blues and golds. The best looking Coronado I've seen in the flesh was finished in Antigua Dusty Rose. My own Coronado was finished in Cherry Sunburst. An unusual and interesting bass.

thanks for the kind words on the coronado. It is a cracker and "mint condish" to use the school of rock terminology. Not a refinish, just crazy sixties fender guys injecting dyes into beechwood to get colourful grain patterns. I see some of you have covered this already. I agree the antigua ones are also great. I remember seeing some beauties on the Olivias Vintage site.
Anyway I am selling these purely as a fundraiser. The coronado I really would like to ask more for but I'm being realistic given the fact noone has much spare money at the moment and selling off their treasures on basschat. It's a buyers market people, take advantage... all the best and thanks for the interest.
Incidently if these do go on ebay don't feel you have missed out because likely they will be relisted after being bid on by some twelve year old in europe who will not have the money and back out. i'm not bitter...