Why become a member? ×

Identify a bass,please.

lee4

I played at The Prince Albert in Brighton last night,and the bass player from one of the support acts had a bass that looked like a Warwick thumb,was thru-neck,but the head stock had a V as the logo.It was in a natural wood,possibly bubinga.
WTF was it?

Yep, either a Vester or a Vintage. Though the neck-thru and (if indeed this was the case) a single V on headstock would suggest Vester. They are quite hard to come by as I remember, but they are quite good quality. Used to be quite a few owners round my neck of the woods, saw a lovely quilted maple green one for sale a while back and regret not grabbing it.

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='597883' date='Sep 14 2009, 12:42 AM']Yeah, Vester, what happened to that brand?[/quote]
Leo's boys shut 'em down. Not because they did top class Fender knockoffs (which they did) but because the brand name itself was thought to be a bit close for comfort.

Weird.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='598138' date='Sep 14 2009, 01:17 PM']Leo's boys shut 'em down. Not because they did top class Fender knockoffs (which they did) but because the brand name itself was thought to be a bit close for comfort.

Weird.

Jon.[/quote]

Vesta - they did ready-made curries back when I were a lad! Perhaps Fender shut them down too! Thats how Status basses came about - Fender did not like the `Strata' name, hence Rob had to change it.....! Gits eh!?

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='598293' date='Sep 14 2009, 03:39 PM']Vesta - they did ready-made curries back when I were a lad! Perhaps Fender shut them down too![/quote]

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vesta-Beef-Curry-With-Rice-Meal-mmmm-Enjoy!_W0QQitemZ350235523706"]Lawsuit raer MIJ bargin Ibanez grandads loft wow l@@@@@@@@k!!!!![/url]

:)

J.