Why become a member? ×

What is this?

Eight

As its a side exit Jack my guess would be that is so the lead can be connected and then run up behind the bridge and then over the strap button.

This would prevent it hanging straight down and give it somewhere to go as it couldnt be 'tucked' behind the strap and button, to prevent it getting snagged out like most of us do with a button that is on the base of the bass.

I was thinking along the lines of Burp there... cheers Clarky for coming up with the official answer. Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes...

I like the look of the Blackbird, and Sixx's theory of not needing any pots appeals to me. Shame that I just can't get used to the shape of T-bird headstocks. And I'd want that Optigrab thingy removed... unless I could think of something better to use it for.

Jean-Luc - Syringes!?! Lol.

[quote name='Clarky' post='587918' date='Sep 2 2009, 08:33 PM']It is in fact Nikki Sixx's trademark "OptiGrab" - a bent metal loop that is attached at an angle behind the bridge and is used for anchoring his pinky while picking (so I have read).[/quote]

Thnks for that Clarky.....

Patented Optigrab eh.....?

What an odd chap, or is this a natural progression when you fry your cerebum with illicit substances......! :rolleyes:

(I did think that when he took a perfectly great Ovation bass and had silly flames painted all over it to make it his 'sig' bass) :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='587918' date='Sep 2 2009, 08:33 PM']It is in fact Nikki Sixx's trademark "OptiGrab" - a bent metal loop that is attached at an angle behind the bridge and is used for anchoring his pinky while picking (so I have read).[/quote]

Mr Sixx is clearly a total dweeb. Real men (like me) simply hammer a nail through the offending digit. Much less chance of it jumping out of an 'Optigrab' and ruining a prestigious gig.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='589218' date='Sep 3 2009, 09:53 PM']Mr Sixx is clearly a total dweeb.[/quote]
Whilst I agree with the nail thing... I think calling Nikki Sixx is the modern day equivalent of blasphemy. :rolleyes:

Next you'll be insulting Blackie Lawless and we'll have to fight. :)