Why become a member? ×

Who was playing a wedding at Minster Lovell on Saturday Night?

cd_david

[quote name='cd_david' post='579919' date='Aug 25 2009, 10:14 AM']...some tasty playing...[/quote]

[quote name='Absolute-beginner' post='581001' date='Aug 26 2009, 09:25 AM']Im thinking it might be you Beedster![/quote]

Trsut me, the two statements above don't compute :)

Ok just to clarify, I didn't see the band as they were in a marquee out the back of the hotel and i couldn't leave the room due to child sitting duties, so i don't know if there were 2 female singers although there was no banter between songs so i doubt it. I also cant confirm if the bassist was wearing a red beret. I was however wearing a lovely ensemble of green cargo shorts and a white O Neill T shirt sipping tea on the patio whilst perusing the John Entwistle Bass Collection book and the illustrated guide to the Fender Bass.

Dave

So, I popped into the Mill and Old Swan, Minster Lovell last night to ask. When I said I was trying to find out who the band was that had been playing for the Wedding on the Saturday, the whole room went deathly silent. The barman didn't know where to look, but an old local turned fiercely towards me from the far corner; "Band, you say? For a wedding, was it?"
"Err, yes, ermm female singer - pretty good apparently" I said. As I mentioned the singer there was an audible intake of breath from the drinkers, who all turned to watch the old man, anxiously. "Easy, Ted." one of them said. But the old man just stared at me for a moment, and then said, quite calmly. "Well, you must be mistaken, cos there ain't been no bands for no weddings here, not this fifty year. Not since that...terrible night..." he tailed off, staring into the distance.
"I think you should go" the barman said. So I left.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Edited by Earbrass

Hi Dave. Maybe if you gave us an idea of stuff on the setlist, it might help narrow it down, especially if it's unusual. Obviously, "Mustang Sally" ain't gonna help -- but if they did a medley of "Iron Man" running into "Teen Town" segueing into the Spice Girls' "Wannabe", well... that's pretty specific. :)

[quote name='Earbrass' post='581095' date='Aug 26 2009, 10:34 AM']So, I popped into the Mill and Old Swan, Minster Lovell last night to ask. When I said I was trying to find out who the band was that had been playing for the Wedding on the Saturday, the whole room went deathly silent. The barman didn't know where to look, but an old local turned fiercely towards me from the far corner; "Band, you say? For a wedding, was it?"
"Err, yes, ermm female singer - pretty good apparently" I said. As I mentioned the singer there was an audible intake of breath from the drinkers, who all turned to watch the old man, anxiously. "Easy, Ted." one of them said. But the old man just stared at me for a moment, and then said, quite calmly. "Well, you must be mistaken, cos there ain't been no bands for no weddings here, not this fifty year. Not since that...terrible night..." he tailed off, staring into the distance.
"I think you should go" the barman said. So I left.

Hope that clears it up for you.[/quote]

The plot thickens.....

(very 'American Werewolf' BTW) :)

"I didn't see the band as they were in a marquee out the back of the hotel and i couldn't leave the room due to child sitting duties, so i don't know if there were 2 female singers although there was no banter between songs so i doubt it."

Hang on !! wedding no banter between songs. And you didnt see them ?

Wasn't a flipping DJ playing a record ??

Or was it one of us from a different alternate reality and someone crossed the streams with jean luc pickguards thunderbird bass
and someone crossed over from the other side !!

And then they caused a chain reaction (Like Diana Ross did), so that all bass players will have their music ability wiped from their brains! and subsequently become singers !

(Ive been down the Pub)

Edited by raptor