Why become a member? ×

Vintage Appreciation Society

Clockworkwar

[quote name='karlbbb' post='555171' date='Jul 29 2009, 03:01 PM']Looking through the Vintage range, I have infact decided that my next bass will be the Vintage AV4+1:

[/quote]

That looks gorgeous... rarely do I see a take on the Jazz shape which 'works'. Tasty.

[quote name='ped' post='557745' date='Aug 1 2009, 01:05 PM']That looks gorgeous... rarely do I see a take on the Jazz shape which 'works'. Tasty.[/quote]

I agree! They also have it in a sunburst too. Can't decide between them. They have the same colours for the 4 string (AV4) and also a lovely white with a black pickguard. I just wish they did the 5 string in it.

[quote name='Machines' post='557979' date='Aug 1 2009, 06:19 PM']The headstock lets those AV's down for me, love the look from there down.

I might be able to get one for review actually..[/quote]

That'd be great if you could give one a decent review! AV4+1 would be ideal as that's what I'm after :) can't seem to find anything other than the specs around the net.

[quote name='bassmachine2112' post='560679' date='Aug 4 2009, 10:01 PM']Top notch for the cash.I,ve got a v4 with schaller tuners,wizard thumper and a badboy copy bridge.The other basses are worried now.
Total outlay-just under 100 quid-awesome.
Plays like a dream.[/quote]
blimey, cheap!

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Machines' post='557979' date='Aug 1 2009, 06:19 PM']The headstock lets those AV's down for me, love the look from there down.

I might be able to get one for review actually..[/quote]

Did you mange to make any progress with getting an AV4+1 for review? Still hoping to get one as soon as possible but I need a new laptop first (and looking to buy a MacBook Pro isn't going to leave me with a lot free :) )

[quote name='karlbbb' post='557784' date='Aug 1 2009, 01:48 PM']I agree! They also have it in a sunburst too. Can't decide between them. They have the same colours for the 4 string (AV4) and also a lovely white with a black pickguard. I just wish they did the 5 string in it.

[/quote]

These look interesting to me as they have P bass width necks. An upgrade of the p/ups (Nordstands have my ear at the moment) and maybe a little reshaping of the headstock (it seems a bit bulbous) and that would be good to go. I really like the bridges on these Vintage Advances. That white is sweet.