Why become a member? ×

Eeeeeewwwwwwww

kneal6

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Custom-Black-Electric-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ150360879341QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item230234f0ed&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10|66%3A2|39%3A1|293%3A3|294%3A50"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Custom-Black-Electri...93%3A3|294%3A50[/url]

[quote name='budget bassist' post='548155' date='Jul 22 2009, 08:37 PM']looks kinda like one of those esh basses that was in BGM a few months back.[/quote]
That's the one! [url="http://esh-bass.com/content/view/13/26/lang,en/"]The Poseidon[/url]. Not a Ritter at all :)

Why do these home-made hack-jobs always look so crude & lumpy? You'd think if someone was going to go to the effort of hacking a bass up like that, they might spend an hour or two with the sandpaper to make it look a bit less like it had been chewed. Do they just get bored or what? :)

Jon.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='548317' date='Jul 22 2009, 10:14 PM']i get a nice p sound from my $$ with the neck pickup on single coil :)
but it's not [i]quite[/i] the same :rolleyes:[/quote]
haha, Warwick owners often buy their lumps of wood to impersonate fenders :lol:

besides, this hideous hack up has a bridge humbucker!

[quote name='Kev' post='548472' date='Jul 23 2009, 12:36 AM']haha, Warwick owners often buy their lumps of wood to impersonate fenders :rolleyes:

besides, this hideous hack up has a bridge humbucker![/quote]
Hey hey hey, let's not get personal now... i bought it to impersonate a musicman! :) (actually it sounds better than any musicman i ever played)

Hmmm ... sacriligious it may be to say this, but I don't think it's that bad.

Given how hard it is to do something genuinely different with the shape of a bass, that's not such a rough effort. A bit "metal" for my tastes, but I can see how that could look good on stage with the right band.

Also worth noting a BiN of just £100. Even if it's a complete dog when it turns up, the components have got to be worth a fair chunk of that figure.

At worst, it's an interesting wall hanging.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='548629' date='Jul 23 2009, 10:14 AM']Hmmm ... sacriligious it may be to say this, but I don't think it's that bad.

Given how hard it is to do something genuinely different with the shape of a bass, that's not such a rough effort. A bit "metal" for my tastes, but I can see how that could look good on stage with the right band.[/quote]
I would agree with that as far as the Esh goes, but I think that the ebay version is just a little bit too "wrong" for me. But without the Esh beside it who's to say :)

Anyone remember the tv advert - I think it was for the (then) new Peugeot 206? A poor kid in Bombay sees the new Pug, can't possibly ever have one, so gets an elephant to sit on his old shed of a car and bend it till it looks like the 206.

Hell, it's a good effort. Better than any attempt I could make at it!

Oh, and a Poseidon-5 is my dream bass. :wub: